So Frustrated!

Options
I'm pretty frustrated! I have been eating for the most part (85% of the time) clean, and healthy, right portions, working out at least 5x a day, sometimes 2x a day... and the scale hasnt moved!! (other than maybe .2 or so). My stomach is always so bloated and i drink at least a gallon of water a day. I try to stick to 1200 but days when i workout more, i eat more.

What am i doing wrong?? I'm at the top of my weight so it's not like i'm stuck at a plateau after losing 30 pounds... Any suggestions would help. My food diary is open for anyone to look at and see. I'm just beyond frustrated. And I also know its not about the number on the scale, but my clothes dont feel any different either....

HELP!

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Open up your food diary so we can see what you are eating each day.
  • THExNEKOxCHAN
    THExNEKOxCHAN Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Reduce or eliminate extra added salt. Don't drink so much water. You only need a liter or two. (Drinking water during mealtimes also tends to dilute your stomach acid, and makes digestion difficult.) Why are you bloated? Bloated as in water weight, or bloated as in gassy? If you are gassy, you should figure out what you're eating that causes the reaction.
  • Lyrica7
    Lyrica7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I notice you have a Shakeology weight ticker and as a former BB coach I have seen many people have bloating and gut issues with it. Maybe drop the Shakeology and see what happens if you are drinking it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    A gallon of water would make most people feel bloated.
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    It could be that 1200 is too low for now. Try it out, as well as some of the other suggestions and see what happens!

Just don't give up!

Try chatting with a trainer, if you go to the gym, they can help you make a workout plan that can help you meet your goals. Also, if possible, talk to a nutritionist or a dietician about your food habits.

Good luck!
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You may be like me; I seem to lose weight in "whooshes". I lose nothing or very little for a few weeks, then all of a sudden, I drop a pound or two. I think it has to do with water weight. I'm losing inches and looking better, so I'm not too worried about the scale.

When you say "working out", are you lifting weights or doing other strength/resistance training, or is that all cardio? I highly recommend to everyone that you do lift weights or do body weight exercises regularly to maintain muscle mass as you lose fat.

Also, belly fat can be stubborn. At my recent appointment at the gym, my measurements were all down except my waist! Grr.

Eating too little is a possibility, too. If you don't have a lot to lose, set your goal to "lose 1/2 pound a week" and make sure you eat plenty of protein. (Anywhere from 0.6 to 1 g per lb. of body weight seems to be most common recommendation.)

HTH,
    Wendi