Sabotaged at work!!

Options

Replies

• madyt7
    madyt7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It was one day of snacks. You'll live. Nothing you do will reverse it except working harder at the gym.
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Did you co worker open the diet pop, shove your mouth open and then force you to drink it while they were standing over you? If not, I would say its safe to say you made the decision on your own to drink the pop. With THAT being said, chalk it up to a crap day, and make tomorrow better. Really, ONE day of snacks and pop is not going to make that difference in the long scheme of things. Kill it at the gym tonight, drink lots of water, and make tomorrow a better day.

I feel like there are just a bunch of bullies on MFP!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people are giving serious answers to this post lmao... British humor perhaps?

They guy who bought you the diet soda is obviously trying to sabotage your relentless efforts and is immensely jealous of you. I'd sue him for sabotage and the irreversable damage it's done to your health.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your guys opinions but I can not take responsibility for my over eating. If I did that I would have no one to blame for my shortcomings... and that sounds awful! I think im just gonna go with spiking my co-workers drink with cocaine and enacting "Random" drug test. Solves more than one problem for me as of this moment.

Ahah... now I feel stupid for giving you a real response!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Just seems unfair that I put in all this effort over the weekend to eat clean and its all undone in one day and it wasn't even my fault!!

I think you should sue both your coworker and the company that makes the vending machine because clearly they are at fault.
  • Sincere24
    Sincere24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You should take your co-worker outside and beat the **** out of him. You'll work off some of the calories he forced you to consume, AND teach him a lesson. Everybody wins!

You're welcome. :smile:

^THIS, seriously I can't believe he gave you a Diet Dr. Pepper...you know what that ish does to you right. It's like a ticking time bomb lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your guys opinions but I can not take responsibility for my over eating. If I did that I would have no one to blame for my shortcomings... and that sounds awful! I think im just gonna go with spiking my co-workers drink with cocaine and enacting "Random" drug test. Solves more than one problem for me as of this moment.

Exactly!! You don't get ahead by 'coming to terms' with being sabotaged. You strike back FAST and HARD. COBRA KAI!

inlaws.jpg

Cobra Kai? Or do you mean "Fat Cobra"?

[Note - the Fat Cobra comment is from the movie "The In-Laws"]
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So this morning a coworker gave me a diet dr pepper cause he got an extra one from the vending machine. I thought okay that's really nice and its zero calories right? WRONG! That set off a reaction that was totally out of my control. Well it turns out that artificial sweetener found in diet sodas put me into some sort of feeding frenzy. I had the most uncontrollable cravings. Then as I walk past the cafeteria they have a display of cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, Brownies, and Cookies. This is totally unfair now because I am already in my crazed hunger state in which I have no control for my actions. BAM!!! all of the sudden im back at my desk with $10 less in my wallet and have consumed all the sweets that I was sabotaged with. This is the exact reason why we are all fat in America. This was not my fault and now I have consumed far too many calories and will gain weight.

We all have moments of weakness. I do, you do, we all do.

However, my issue with this isn't so much what happened, but how you describe it.
    "I have no control for my actions"
    "I was sabotaged with"
    "This was not my fault"

These are all VICTIM words. Unless you were subject to gavage (tubal force-feeding), NO ONE MADE YOU DO ANYTHING.
    You are NOT a victim. YOU made the choice to eat all of those things.

If you want control of your life and your behavior, start taking responsibility for YOUR actions.

I know this is all true because *I* have ~135lbs to lose because *I* made very bad choices, *I* didn't exercise enough, and *I* let myself get to this point.

I don't think you read the post very clear.... As you can tell from my description of the events I never made the choice myself.

Unless someone opened the can, and force fed it to you "ala beer bong style".....the choice was inevitably yours. ;-)

I get it...I've been there and I've been the one that has gone to the fridge at work (it's free) and gotten oh too many of them.

I'm EXACTLY like you. If I drink a soda I start a CRAVING FRENZY. So that's why, today as I'm starting on this journey over, step 1 was NO soda of any kind. It's not that I miss it. I'm not "addicted". I just like it. But I also recognize that it makes me make horrible food choices. So in order to maintain my success, I'm removing the trigger food. Because that is what soda is for me.

This journey is all about lessons. Today you learned one. Look at it that way and move on. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Do you think green tea extracts will help reverse what I did?

Raspberry ketones, my friend.

3 word for you. Rasperry Ketons Colonic.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    So, are you gonna kill this guy or what?

this. I'm really good at revenge.

You know what you could do?

Buy *him* a diet dr pepper!

Then, put cocaine in it.

Then, tell the boss you saw him doing coke in the bathroom.

HAHAHAA!!!! Love it! I'd like to do that with a couple people I know.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    absolutely agree with your taking a VICTIM stance - until you get over the victim mentality, you're always going to put the blame outside of yourself. take responsibility for what YOU put in YOUR mouth.

tumblr_m5shtexvZ31qg7470o1_500.gif
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    absolutely agree with your taking a VICTIM stance - until you get over the victim mentality, you're always going to put the blame outside of yourself. take responsibility for what YOU put in YOUR mouth.
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

I don't see the point in being mean to me. Im just sharing with you the struggles that I have had today. How would you feel if someone forced you to eat 3 cinnamon rolls, a bear claw, 2 brownies and a cookie. Also subway was giving out free cookies with purchase of a sub. NOT COOL subway!!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I smell a TROLL
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Just seems unfair that I put in all this effort over the weekend to eat clean and its all undone in one day and it wasn't even my fault!!

Ah - yes - it is your fault. You accepted the soda and decided that it was the reason you had massive sugar cravings. So its all on you that ONE day you lost control. Now put on your big-boy pants, stop whining and remember next time to turn down the soda.
  • Mich3ll36
    Options
    I drink diet drinks and have never went on a sweet binge.... I'm not sure what to think of this post.... o.O
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

Raspberry ketones, my friend.

Why risk it? use both and some of Dr. Oz's recommended colon cleanse. That should help. But only if you use them together... right now!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    ~just smiles and pats the OP on the head~
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda all the time (I know I know...just as bad for you as regular, blah blah blah), but have never had this problem as far as binging on foods I know are bad for me.

I track what I eat. If I happen to go over...to quote Clarice from "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Raindeer"...There's always...tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQvbJ-spKuU
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Your only shot is to IV raspberry ketones within one hour of the binge. I'm sorry I wasn't online earlier to tell you this. :flowerforyou: