Not to good!!

Options
So I weighed in this morning and not much of a weight lose.....:( I've been tracking everything...what do I do any suggestions for a frustrated girl??? It's only been a week since I started using the fitness pal.

Replies

• KatieZook
    KatieZook Posts: 1
    Options
    I had the same thing this morning - however, my period is only a few days away. Just a thought to check where you are in your cycle, for me that always means about a 4lb swing..........good luck!
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much yet. It sometimes takes a while to see a weight loss. It did for me.

Make sure you also check your measurements. Those can change a lot without any change on the scales. The scales can report lots of weight loss and really it's just water weight or not report any change but you've started the process.

My scales also does a percentage body fat measurement. I wouldn't put much stock in the number itself but over the past month I've only lost a couple pounds but I've see the body fat number continue to go down.

Keep at it. Do some exercising to build some muscle and watch what you eat. You'll get there.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Hard to answer without more specifics. You might be eating too much fat or carbs in proportion, even if within the goals. Are you exercising as well? I generally find diet alone will never work.
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    Yes exercising and watching food intake. I eat veggies and try to watch the carbs. I do 40 minutes on my elliptical almost every day...or at least every other. I do some weights and stomach exer. What to do????
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    Ahh yes my cycle is very near like in a few days!! Hey thanks. I do feel my clothes may be fitting better but taking it slow maybe the best way huh????
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Although I don't practice this (and should) maybe you should take measurements as well as weight? Good luck, hang in there, will be happy when we can stop talking everyone's period. lol
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Remember if you just started exercising in the last couple of weeks you will see a water weight gain in your muscles @ 3 lbs. This sometimes makes you feel like you haven't lost anything when you actually have. I try not to worry about not losing unless I hit 20 days and no change (in measurements or on the scale) If that happens usually it means I need to change things up. This last time it meant I needed to increase m,y calorie intake. 1200 wasn't enough to keep my new lifestyle fueled not even with adding the exercise calories. So I increased my calories and saw more progress!!
    Use the site daily and you will learn a lot about what works for you. Good luck!!
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I found I dropped more when I started watching my sodium levels. Sodium retains water in your body which makes the scale think you're heavier. I agree with taking measurments too. It's a better gage of losing body fat than the number on a scale. (Unless that scale measures body fat percentage)

OH and don't forget about your fiber! It keeps your..uh, digestive process going which can help...uh, flush out any extra waste your body may be holding on to. The average person holds on to an extra 3-8 pounds of waste in their digestive track.