Hey, guess I'd better do an intro.

Options
Good morning,

I'm Lee, 23 from Melbourne, Australia. I currently hover between 93kg - 97kg. I owe pretty much all of my weight to alcohol (I was well underweight before I started drinking many years ago). I've recently quit but am still struggling to lose weight.

I use MFP every day. I always exaggerate the amount I eat by about 25% and under-exaggerate the amount I exercise by about 50% in order to stay on target. I'm always under my calorie goal, sometimes by quite a lot.

My breakfast and lunch are the same basically every day. For breakfast I have 2 hard boiled eggs with about 1/4 cup of brown rice (I put in 1/2 cup into MFP app) and for lunch I have a home made wrap with sandwich meat (shaved ham, chicken, beef etc) and salad. I enjoy both of these thoroughly and have no issue eating them daily.

For dinner my partner and I usually have some form of meat + veggies type of meal. Whether it's roast, stir fry etc it's usually a fairly balanced and small meal.

As for exercise, every morning at 7am I take a thermogenic (pre-workout) pill. By 7:30 I'm bursting with energy and do a 20 minute, all-out spin on my exercise bike while I watch anime (Japanese cartoons). I also do 1 hour of taekwondo 2-3 times per week. It's also a 30 min walk to taekwondo and another 30 back.

In theory I should be shedding at least 0.5 kg every week. I imagine my ability to lose weight has been greatly hindered from the years of drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Hopefully once my liver has cleaned up a bit and is functioning better, the weight will come off. Oddly enough, I do look as though my body is slowly getting leaner and people seem to comment on that fact quite often. I don't do much weight training any more though since my gym membership recently expired (although they're still trying to take my money, what a surprise), so I can't be gaining muscle, or at least not much. But my weight continues to stay the same.

Well, that's my story. A small portion of it anyway. I'm hoping I'll find the answers I need to help me lose weight here on these forums, so expect to see more of me ;)

Cheers,
Lee

Replies

• unskinnybop1
    unskinnybop1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    hey, im from melbourne too :D Feel free to add me - ima university student. I like to mix up what I eat ach day and have found that you never actually lose the amount the site says you will. Can relate to the alcohol as a uni student and isnt wierd ti have my entire days intake on alcohol not to mention normal meals and alcohol munchies haha
  • leemay001
    leemay001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah all the 18th's were a killer, then the 21st's came just as my liver was getting some rest. The past couple of years I found that the moment 5pm on a Friday came, it was just habit to get straight into the grog and stay on it until Sunday afternoon. I'm glad I gave it up. I'm going to Japan for 3 weeks in May, I expect to be drinking a fair amount at all the crazy bars and night clubs there. So I really need to give my liver 3 solid months to relax and recover as much as possible. Should -hopefully- help with the weight loss too.