Women with large breast - SPORT BRAS

Options
I am sure the first part got all the guys attention but I am really looking for replies from women!

I wear a 36H and am in DESPERATE need of a good sports bra! I have looked on the internet for a couple of days now but everything is $50-60 and I would really like a recommendation if I am spending that much!

Thanks!

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Moving Comfort. I think I have the Juno style (i would prefer racerback it just happened to be the one i found). I've seen a lot of others in these thread recommend MC as well.
  • JenniferEM2012
    JenniferEM2012 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am a36F and I got my favorite sports bras at under armor. I have an outlet store right by my house and I only played $20.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I thought Moving Comfort and Under Armor only went up to DD from their websites... Double checking!
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    I'm a 32DD and I wear a Nike High-Impact DriFit sports bra (I'd be considered a size small). I go to a Nike outlet that's about 1hr away from me and stocked up - they are AWESOME and were about $20 on sale. I think the regular price is about $45. Not sure if they would be good for a 36H size but it really squishes you in so it should be okay if you get large or xl!
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with one of the other posters...moving comfort makes amazing bras!
  • laurynashley1
    Options
    You may have to spend that much to get good support. You don't want to cheat yourself by looking for cheaper options. Make a good investment and you will see good results. I don't know of any specific brands but with larger breasted women, you want to make sure your sports bra has form, meaning two separate areas for your two separate breasts. They should have actual cups, unlike what most people think of a traditional sports bra.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I thought Moving Comfort and Under Armor only went up to DD from their websites... Double checking!

Sorry I never checked.
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm normally an F in other bras - but I fit into C's with moving com fort.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I really like the Lulu Lemon Tata tamer, I would go up on the band size though, i don't know what size they carry it up to though. i'm a DD or a DDD
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    You may have to spend that much to get good support. You don't want to cheat yourself by looking for cheaper options. Make a good investment and you will see good results. I don't know of any specific brands but with larger breasted women, you want to make sure your sports bra has form, meaning two separate areas for your two separate breasts. They should have actual cups, unlike what most people think of a traditional sports bra.

I am willing to spend that much... just want recommendations first! :happy:
  • ohtobe140
    Options
    I wear an underwire champion and then a VERY SMALL over the head one over that. I am a 36DDD and I wear an XS racerback over the head kind over my regular bra, the small one is cheap the other ones are medium priced. It's not perfect, but I can jump and jog and what not. I have had super pricey ones, really cheap ones and in the end they are all about the same. Doubling them has been the best thing I have done so far.
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Please don't double bra, it causes damage to breast tissue and affects circulation

I am a 34FF in the UK which is a 34H in the US and I have some great fitting sports bras from shock absorber and Freya active. The latter are under wired. They are like very full cupped real bras. Once fitted properly I can run in them and the puppies do not move. They are not cheap but it is the one thing I never economise on.
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for us big boobed UK ladies?
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I am in the UK and got my bras in Debenhams, I just happen to know that they are brands available in the US too

In the UK the current Shock Absorber range is better than the Freya one
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Anita Active sports bra. I got it a few years ago, but I'm pretty sure it's this one (I can't really tell by the picture since it's not EXACT haha)
    http://www.anita.com/us-en/Products,Anita_active,MAXIMUM_SUPPORT:5527_Sports-bra

Honestly anything in their "maximum support" line is made for vigorous sport, or ladies with bigger chests. When I wear this and a sports top with a "built in bra" (not sure when a strip of elastic became a bra), they stay in place pretty well! It was $80 but completely worth it, especially since it lasts for quite a while.
  • KatyFace9801
    KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I really like the Lulu Lemon Tata tamer, I would go up on the band size though, i don't know what size they carry it up to though. i'm a DD or a DDD

I HATE my Tata tamer! I spent like $60 on it & the ladies there swore it'd be good for running, but I still have to wear one of my cheap-o target bras over it when I run. Such a disappointment
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Lululemon is still my go-to bra when I need to tame the girls. I really like Moving Comfort, but not a fan of compression.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Moving Comfort as well - I like the Fiona (standard strap) and the Juno (racerback). Of the two the Fiona seems to support better, but the Juno is fine for lower impact sports. (I am a 32DDD, but I wear the 32DD or sometimes a 34D in sports bras).
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I am a big fan of Moving Comfort as well - I like the Fiona (standard strap) and the Juno (racerback). Of the two the Fiona seems to support better, but the Juno is fine for lower impact sports. (I am a 32DDD, but I wear the 32DD or sometimes a 34D in sports bras).

In that case, I have Fiona. I always get them confused.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort - I love the Maia. So supportive and comfortable.

If they don't go up enough, try Enell. They do it all, even custom. Its much more a "smash them" feel than moving comfort, but the girls are going nowhere. I bought them after breast surgery. 2 years and tons of use later they look brand new. $80 or so well spent.