Morning vs. Evening weight?!

Options
Hey guys!

I am not sure if this is the right place for this topic but I had no idea where to put it.

So I have a question about weight. What is considered to be normal weight difference between your morning and evening measurements? Mine is around 3-4 lbs (1.5-2 kg)
Is this normal?
I know it depends how much is your food intake and water intake but still. When I go on the scale in the evening sometimes I am just mortified :)
What do you think?

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself twice a day.

You will weight higher in the evening... the amount will be different based on what you had to eat, drink, where things are in your digestive system, sodium intake, etc.

I can be up as much as 10lbs by the end of the day.

It will also change based on bathroom activity and the clothing you are wearing.

Stop weighing in the monring and evening.
  • firlt22
    Options
    They say that the best time to weigh yourself is in the moring right after you use the restroom as your bladder is empty and it also helps if you can weigh yourself in the nude, and for some reason you weigh less in the moring then at night so only weigh yourself once a week in the moring.

Medication Aide
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    If you search this topic on the boards you'll find people claiming anywhere from 1 to 7 lbs difference in weight throughout the day.

Mine is usually about 3 lbs, and as much as 5 lbs when I'm on my period (probably related to water retention).
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm always about 3-5 pounds more at night. It's normal.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yeah that's normal
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Normal
  • poma91
    poma91 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I am well aware that it is best time to weight yourself in the morning after using the toilet and the many things that influence your weight.
    My question was purely out of curiosity about the "normal" difference. For those who answered that, thank you!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Yup, normal.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep Completely Normal....
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Mine changes exactly the same as yours does. Sometimes it can be a whole kilo more just from me eating breakfast, having a cigarette and drinking some water.
  • import1a92
    Options
    For me, I have always weighed more in the morning than in the evening. I usually weigh myself before my evening meal, five minutes after a bathroom break.
  • SGT_Reg
    SGT_Reg Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    **spoke out of turn.

I concur with the masses