Looking for friends to take this journey with

Options
Hi there!
New to this. I'm a young working professional. Just moved to a new city, new house and new job. Time for a new me :) Looking for like-minded committed people so we can help and learn from each other on this journey. Looking forward to hear from you!!!

Replies

• mkorich
    Options
    *kitten* me if you like
  • alheitmeyer
    alheitmeyer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana,
    I too am looking for someone to help motivate me. I had my last baby 5 1/2 months ago and need to get back on this site and lose the weight. Hopefully together we can help motivate each other. I have taken a 40 day lent challenge of walking on the treadmil at least 10 min. a day. I know its not much but with 4 kiddos thats about all the time I get to myself. good luck!
  • claretaclara
    claretaclara Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Hi Lanaaaaaaaaaaaa (:
    I'd luv to be ur friend on this journey n encourage eachother ^^
  • cleoKatt
    cleoKatt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's a new friend,...just waiting to be added. :flowerforyou:
  • Lana_60
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the response! Will send you a request...let's do this together :D
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi. I too am looking for friends on here to motivate me to lose weight....I know I can add Facebook friends but most are family. I love my family but I'd love to do this without them *hope that makes sense*
  • prettyblu
    Options
    Sending you a request, right now. :)
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this too (well, i actually signed up in September - but just started last Monday). Add me - I too can use some support.
  • bsarton
    bsarton Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana! Request sent! Anyone is welcome to add me as well :)
  • leelu137
    Options
    Hi , I have been using the app for a while but have only just discovered the friends bit. There are some really motivational people here. I would love some more friends too! Especially mums fighting the same baby weight fight! :-)
  • Hi, I'm Smiley.... just started a new diet bout a week ago and for the first time in my life i am sticking to it. I'm not obese, but i miss being a size 4/5 like i was back in high school... unfortunately at 27 the good ol metabolism has slowed down and now if i even look at chocolate cake i gain 5 lbs. I started this journey at 149 lbs (5' 3") and am down to 140lbs... (mind u, i did not lose the 9 lbs in a week of dieting... i've been yo-yo dieting for years but i've finally got a firm hold on this thing and im not letting go!!!). Basically I need the support to keep it going. My goal is to be a size 6/7 (I'm being realistic here... I'll probably never fit into those high school jeans again.... which i still own by the way lol)... maybe somewhere along the lines of 130- 135 lbs. The hardest part of this is having absolutely NO support. I'm currently a size 9/10 and when i tell anyone i'm dieting or trying to lose weight i get the same reply "You don't need to diet!!! You look fine the way you are!"... Well I dont feel fine!!! and based on my BMI I am really close to being overweight. So, yes I do need to diet, and no, I don't want any of that that god dam cheesecake u keep offering me!!!!!.... I guess the second hardest thing for me would be the fact that i am a cook. I work at 2 different restaraunts and I am trying to become a chef.... Its hard to count calories when you spend 75% of the day tasting food for quality.... "Does this have enogh salt Smiley???" ::taste::.... and I do that about 100 times a day.... uggghhhh!!!! frustrating!!!!! Anyhow, im open to any advice from anyone. I just really am seeking the only thing I dont have... A support system to help me get to where i want to be :)

~Smiley
  • geekychrissy
    Options
    I'd love to share the journey with you! Feel free to add me too! :)

I'm currently working on losing the weight I gained after I quit smoking a few years ago. I replaced my ciggies with junk food and well... You know how it goes.
  • 0hhCarolina
    Options
    Hi there and welcome! I'm pretty new and also looking for motivation and support - please add me :)
  • shacala
    Options
    I need some good supportive friends as well. Just made major life changes and looking to new horizons. Anyone out there willing to support add me, I will do the same.
  • abigail132
    Options
    Hi! My name's Abbie and I'm from France but living in England now :)
    Anyone feel free to add me! All my friends on MFP are amazing but you can never have too many! I love to give/receive support :)
  • crice67
    Options
    The more support the better. I am looking to add more friends also. Request sent.
  • RedShoeRoadWarrior
    Options
    Looking for people like me to get healthier. I travel weekly as a consultant (out on Mondays and back home on Thursday nights). Most of my meals are in restaurants and hotels and my exercise has been minimum. I hope to join with others who may offer tips and tricks while trying to be healthy as a road warrior. I could not find an active group so I started one http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12255-red-shoe-road-warrior

I am looking for road warriors like me who want to get healthy together!
    Red Shoe Road Warrior
  • Navigator0811
    Options
    Great support here and feel free to add. Would like to follow your new journey!
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    sent a request (: Anyone else feel free to add me!
  • greenhelen
    greenhelen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Lana, I'd love to be your friend. We can support each other on this journey. I've been struggling with my weight for the past 7 years but i'll be 50 this year so I have to make this year count and make it my year to loose weight.

Looking forward to hearing from you and anyone else that would like to work with me.

xx