help need A.M motivation

Options
ok so i thought once my son was out of school i would have that extra 40 minutes in the morning to exercise well its been a week and i havent gotten my butt out of bed in time to do it, any one have some suggestions to get my butt up? :grumble: :explode:

i get mad at myseld once i am up but that doesnt change the next morning :grumble: and over the next few weeks i wont have time to exerscie after work because i have like 6 cakes to decorate

what do you do to make yourself get up????

Replies

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ok so i thought once my son was out of school i would have that extra 40 minutes in the morning to exercise well its been a week and i havent gotten my butt out of bed in time to do it, any one have some suggestions to get my butt up? :grumble: :explode:

i get mad at myseld once i am up but that doesnt change the next morning :grumble: and over the next few weeks i wont have time to exerscie after work because i have like 6 cakes to decorate

what do you do to make yourself get up????
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    I am with you! I need morning motivation as well! I would love to be able to get up at 5:45 or 6 and put in a few miles for work. Is there some secret? All I know is that when that alarm goes off, my bed is the MOST fantastic place on earth, and I don't wanna leave it. Is there some magic trick someone has, other than sheer willpower? (cause I have zero will power before 8 a.m)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I have a motivating song play as my alarm. Something that gets into my brain. ( I use my cellphone , but you can use a cd player aith an alarm clock) That and I think of a pair of jeans or dress that I want to fit into.....basically start your brain to thinking!! If you allow yourself to lull back to sleep, you won't do it! :happy:

Another tip, start off slow. Week one, get up every day at a specified time (at least three times a week!!) and stretch and just get your blood pumping by dancing around in the shower or while making breakfast.

Week two start off with getting out of bed with a smile and then do the workout for that day to fun music or do something you truely love doing.

Progress from there! The number one motivator is the positive, so use positive reinforcement to keep you going. Like if you go an entire week waking up at a certain time and at least working up a sweat everym morning, treat yourself to a spa day (in-home or at an actual spa if it's in your budget....even reinforce your good behavior with another good behavior: drop a quarter/dollar/money into a jar for every morning you get up and move. After a month, take that money and use it to buy yourself a spa day or whatever your little heart desires!)

And then there's the calendar challenge: Map out every workout for the month into your schedule. Cross each off as you do it. At the end of the month, take all of the workouts you didn't do and add them into the already set workouts for the next month!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Number one thing is to keep positive!

Best of luck!!
    M

PS! If you use the alarm song, remember to switch it up often! Especially if you are a snooze-aholic!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I had to change my workout since I usually ride my bike and the roads here are too narrow for my kids to come with me and I'm too fast. Yikes! We are doing more water sports, playing tag, slip and slide, doing laps down the street and back and around the house, running at the beach, swimming, running in the sprinklers, playing baseball, driving range for golf...

Yes, I spend most of my time looking like a total goof...but I'm trimming and we aren't stuck inside. :laugh: I'm using my kids as my personal trainers. If they think it up, I do it!

Will anything here help you?
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    put your alarm clock/cell phone/whatever you use to get out of bed across the room so you have to get out of bed to get up. once you turn it off, don't get back into bed! go straight to the bathroom so you're up!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I just got an eliptical 3 days ago and I havn't yet been able to get up in the morning to use it :grumble:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    put your alarm clock/cell phone/whatever you use to get out of bed across the room so you have to get out of bed to get up. once you turn it off, don't get back into bed! go straight to the bathroom so you're up!

Thats a good idea, i'll try that tommorow
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need this alarm clock???

My husband wants this one...It can roll off the counter and hides from you still going off! LOL

runawayalarm.jpg
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I am with you! I need morning motivation as well! I would love to be able to get up at 5:45 or 6 and put in a few miles for work. Is there some secret? All I know is that when that alarm goes off, my bed is the MOST fantastic place on earth, and I don't wanna leave it. Is there some magic trick someone has, other than sheer willpower? (cause I have zero will power before 8 a.m)

It's a frame of mind. You have to force it for a bit, then it becomes second nature.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options

My husband wants this one...It can roll off the counter and hides from you still going off! LOL

runawayalarm.jpg

I have seen that one before and thought about getting it! =) How fun to chase around a loud screaming alarm in the morning. There's another one that you put under your bed and it starts to gently shake your mattress until you wake up. I thought about that one, too, but I think that might just scare the hell outta me! :noway:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

I usually use my cellphone, but my daughter accidentally knocked it on the floor at some point and so at 3:45 this morning I'm crawling around, bumping into things, trying not to wake the house, cursing under my breath. Finally found it, shut it up:explode: ..and got back into bed. I showed it who's boss!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    my husband said he was gonna get me one of those rolling alarm clocks, b/c he hates hearing my snooze go off every 7 minue for an hour

see i set my alarm but i dont get up, i paid money for that treadmill and i need to use it more--im going to try putting my alrm clock on the tv which is right next to the calendar so i can mark my progress im gonna try tommorow lets see how it goes

:tongue: :tongue: maybe i neeed to plaster my room with my bills to show me how i could have used that treadmill money to pay a bill :tongue: :tongue: maybe that will get me up

thanx guys im motivated at the moment but we will see when 7am comes:devil:
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I dont know what to say except just do it. That is what i tell my self. I work out with fit tv and the programs comes on at 5am (which is 2 hrs earlier than i would normally get up). At first it was just HELL but i set my alarm REALLY REALLY loud so it scares me so i HAVE to get up. I also set it for EXACTLY 2 mins before the workout starts so i do not have any time to THINK about not doing beacuse i know i have ONLY 2 mins to get up and get into my workout clothes. I also ALways tell myself that even though i feel tired now, i wil feel better as soon as i start moving so I JUST DO IT! I also ensure that i go to bed at 10pm (no exceptions) even if i dont feel sleepy because i find that if i am well rested then i wont feel too bad about getting up. So in a nutshell (lol) that is what works for me.