Women with large breast - SPORT BRAS

Options

Replies

• MollieA912
    MollieA912 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort goes up to an E I believe. I have two of them that I bought back in October when I first started working out and they're still going strong! Hardly any stretch from washing and drying and they seem to wick up sweat well.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    34D here, doing high impact running to train for half marathon. NEVER had a good sports bra in my life, always doubled up with a sports bra over an underwire. The Lululemon Ta Ta Tamer II CHANGED MY RUNNING LIFE. I am devoted to it and it was worth every penny. Supports "the girls" exceptionally, is actually pretty cute looking, has a lot of adjustable features for maximum comfort, and doesn't give the weird uniboob effect because there are supportive (but not padded) cups. I know it goes up to DDD, not sure if higher. Honestly cannot praise it enough.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    OP i'm an I/J. enell and shock absorber are my gotos for high impact. both are great for running sprints and holding me in place. and let me tell ya when you're over 200 pounds and a I/J cup that's A LOT of stuff that needs to get held down :laugh:

both are worth the price. i still have enell from 3 years ago. i can't wear them for high impact stuff anymore because they are too big, but i use them for my low impact workouts just fine. so 3 years worth of wear for $65 is pretty good. they last pretty long as you as you take good care of them (wash in the washer machine but let air dry)

moving comfort, lululemon are perfectly good bras but people need to understand that a DD breast is NOT the same as a H cup breast. DD to an H cup is pretty much comparing an A cup to a D cup.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I really like the Lulu Lemon Tata tamer, I would go up on the band size though, i don't know what size they carry it up to though. i'm a DD or a DDD

I HATE my Tata tamer! I spent like $60 on it & the ladies there swore it'd be good for running, but I still have to wear one of my cheap-o target bras over it when I run. Such a disappointment

i had the same issue as well.

that's why i like to specify that i run sprints and do stuff like plyometric jumps regularly whenever i recommend a bra. when i'm doing an easy run then a bra like tata tamer is fine, but it's not good enough for sprints and plyos.

PLUS if you're doing those things you definitely want to make sure you are wearing the correct size bra (and not just stuffing yourself into a DDD bra) because straps for a DDD bra are only made to support a certain amount of weight. i can confirm that wearing a bra without adequate straps for your boobage = straps that cut into your skin and cause open sores. these are things you won;t notice during the workout but you WILL notice it when you step in the shower :cry:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Please don't double bra, it causes damage to breast tissue and affects circulation

I am a 34FF in the UK which is a 34H in the US and I have some great fitting sports bras from shock absorber and Freya active. The latter are under wired. They are like very full cupped real bras. Once fitted properly I can run in them and the puppies do not move. They are not cheap but it is the one thing I never economise on.

I am an 34H in UK sizes (or HH). I have shock absorber and freya. These are great! I am rotating mine around a bit as I have shrunk in the band, so my oldest shock absorbers have been downgraded to low impact/medium impact status. 3 years later. (I have gone down 4 inches around the underbust, with minimal change in volume.

I concur with the reco above. Have heard good stuff about the Panache one but I haven't tried it.

I find the Freyas are very tight in the band. Tighter than their normal bras, so you'll likely want to go up a band from your regular freya size.
  • Judykv95
    Options
    Enell sports bras are the way to go!
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I used to be a DD, but after breastfeeding my 2nd, I'm a C/D... but regardless LOVE LOVE LOVE my Brooks ones. They are underwire so they keep the girls seperate (I HATE UNI-BOOB and find it terribly uncomfortable) - and it's compressive enough yet comfortable. Got it at a local running store (actually have 3 of the same bra) - ran me about $38 5-6 years ago.

Only thing I would like to change is the racerback - I have touchy traps so I'd love a good one like the Brooks ones that isn't racingback style. But Wouldn't trade these for anything other than that.
  • queezle_sister
    queezle_sister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't have your size problem, but I do hate an ill-fitting bra. This site has a great return policy and might have what you are looking for (and the name - bounce - makes me laugh).

http://bounce.titlenine.com/

I'm not associated with them. Good luck.
  • hduston
    hduston Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort bras, too. Also, check out Title Nine Sports - online (or they have stores in some states) - they have a great selection of bras for BBGs (bigger breasted gals). Good luck!
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions for us big boobed UK ladies?

Oo Oo Oo I do I do....

Ohhhh you mean't bra related.....
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have large blahs, too
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :blushing: I didn't actually mentioned 'bra' is my post did I?,,,,, :glasses:
  • Caramel1227
    Caramel1227 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is no way around this your going to pay at least 30-50$ I know because I am an I cup ugh try www.herroom.com they have good deals sometimes....good luck :-)
  • Jasunshine
    Jasunshine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never post but this is a really important issue and I've done a lot of trial and error. I'm a 32f and I run so have tried them all: LuluLemon, Enell, Moving Comfort, Nike, Anita, Freya and Panache plus a few others not worth mentioning.

By far the best sports bras for women in the DD+ range far as I've seen, experienced and read are the following:
    -Freya Active underwire
    -Panache max sports bra
    -Shock Absorber Max (b4490) or Run Bra (b5044) (make sure they're described as level 4 or max support. there's a big range )

I completely sympathize with you on the cost. These are expensive but really worth it. It makes a huge difference. Right now you can get a two pack of the shock absorber max for $72.00 so that helps as they're usually about $60 a piece.

I think they're all European brands but have become popular in the US in the past few years. For some reason the British in particular are much more enlightened about designing for the full bust (not necessarily plus size) market. In the US, thankfully these are all sold online by Bare Necessities and Herroom.com and Nordstrom actually carries a wide selection as well. If you're in one of the cities that has an Intimacy lingerie boutique, they carry the Freya and Panache.

In the UK, I like Bravissimo and Figleaves. I actually buy bras direct from the UK retailers as Figleaves often sends 20% off coupons

Enell goes up pretty high in band, but they don't work if you have a small back and large cup size. They are basically large band and large cup.

Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I swear by the Moving Comfort Fiona.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I don't have your size problem, but I do hate an ill-fitting bra. This site has a great return policy and might have what you are looking for (and the name - bounce - makes me laugh).

http://bounce.titlenine.com/

I'm not associated with them. Good luck.

Title 9 sucks. They do carry bras from brands that have H+ cups, but don't carry the H+ bras. Online or in the brick and mortar stores (we have several in my immediate vicinity).

Go to Bravissimo/Herroom/Figleaves.com and order the bra sized ones. You will wonder how you survived so long without them.
  • jadedone
    Options

Enell goes up pretty high in band, but they don't work if you have a small back and large cup size. They are basically large band and large cup.

Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

100% this here.

And keep in mind, that having a "smaller" back isn't limited to "smaller" people. I wear a size 14 in dresses, and need 34 inch bands (occasionally 32s). You might be "plus-sized" and still not fit into the "plus-sized bras." This happened to me.

OP you are at the grey land.....you might possibly find a sports bra at Lane Bryant. The do stop at 36G in the 36 bands.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was coming to the forums to ask this same question. Thanks, OP, for reading my mind!
  • asm03
    asm03 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey there! I am not sure if anyone answered this for you or not. The BEST sports bra in my opinion is Enell. It is a bit pricey and not very cure for that matter, but you will not move. It has helped me tremendously on this journey and has made running more exciting for me!
  • Jasunshine
    Jasunshine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am not sure if anyone answered this for you or not. The BEST sports bra in my opinion is Enell. It is a bit pricey and not very cure for that matter, but you will not move. It has helped me tremendously on this journey and has made running more exciting for me!

A lot of the other sports bras that work well for DD or smaller cups don't come in larger cup sizes. Enell does work for a lot of people and they've expanded their color selection, which is nice. The problem is Enell stops at DDD and the OP wears 36H.

Here's the Enell size guide: http://enell.com/get-fit

There are similar issues with the Moving Comfort bras. Moving Comfort offers two bras in DDD/E and that's the max size.

The Freya, Panache and Shock Absorber brands all go up much higher in the cup. Just checked and all are on Nordstrom.com as well. I ordered the Shock Absorber 2 pack and got 20% off of the list price using coupon code TEMPTED on figleaves.com. They tend to run small in the band so you might want to size up in that.