Snack Day at work? what would you bring?

Options
KendalBeee
KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
My department has a Snack Day once a month to celebrate birthdays. A lot of us are on diets or trying to get in shape, so this month I want to have a list of suggestions on what people can bring to snack day thats healthier than our normal chips and donuts and brownies and cookies and sodas.....

If you had to take something healthy to work for snack day, what would you take? (keep in mind most of us like to spend as little money as possible)

Thanks!!

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit salad with a container of fat free cool whip on the side
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Mixed nuts or trail mix. Everyone loves the stuff and no one else thinks to bring it in :)
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    fruit salad is often inexpensive and very tasty as well as a healthy choice...watermelon, strawberries, grapes, apples, pineapple, canteloupe, blueberries....or maybe a "fruit" platter with a light fruit dip...

pretzels
    goldfish
    baked chips (lays variety pak)
  • afrase
    afrase Posts: 21
    Options
    Baby carrots or a variety of veggies with fat free or lite veggie dip. Also, instead of regular chips there is Baked Lays that are healthier.
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    veggie tray. whole wheat pita w/ hummus dip.
    totally true about the nuts being loved but forgotten.

but my favorite snack for coworkers to bring in is NONE AT ALL. I already have my day planned out and my food prepared, now I have to resist some treat that I have no idea how to put in MFP should I succumb to it :grumble:
  • justahorsen
    justahorsen Posts: 234
    Options
    veggie tray
  • ShastaAngel
    ShastaAngel Posts: 61
    Options
    Fruit with a fat free yougurt dip.
    Carob dipped strawberries
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    Baby organic spinach, baked croutons, and Bolthouse Farms yogurt salad dressing (Caesar Parmigiano is my fave). If you have a Costco near you, you can get a 2-pound container of the spinach for about $5.
  • shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    My department has a Snack Day once a month to celebrate birthdays. A lot of us are on diets or trying to get in shape, so this month I want to have a list of suggestions on what people can bring to snack day thats healthier than our normal chips and donuts and brownies and cookies and sodas.....

If you had to take something healthy to work for snack day, what would you take? (keep in mind most of us like to spend as little money as possible)

Thanks!!

I would make vegan chocolate chip cookies that are made with splenda and molassis to keep down the sugar and look for alternatives to the butter! This way you can have your yummy treat with out killing your whole day!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!! :smile:
  • drp121274
    drp121274 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    do the diet coke cake but in cupcakes... then put a post it note near by so everyone that is on a diet knows that it is a lower calorie "treat"... we all need chocolate sometimes, and this really helped mine...
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Angle food cake with sliced strawberries or FF coolwhip, or rice krispie treats.
  • KAskinny
    KAskinny Posts: 50
    Options
    We do the same thing in our office!

I enjoy cooking so once I made a healthy breakfast caserole using turkey sausage, reduced fat cheddar cheese, and eggs and extra egg whites with skim milk. It was a hit too!

Also, I've made a low fat bean dip. I get 1 can of the fat free refried beans and mix it with 1 can of black beans, spread it in a caserole dish, then add reduced fat cheese then layer on greek yogurt (naturally fat free and super yummy!). Then I sprinkle a little cummin on top. Serve with chips or pretles or pita chips. It's usually a big hit as well.

Hummus is another winner!

Guacamole
    Salsa
    Little cucumber sandwiches

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :happy:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'd also bring a veggie tray, with a bottle of light ranch dressing for dip- or maybe an angel food cake (or angel food cupcakes)

There's a lady I work with who makes this really delicious veggie pizza. It's a super thin crust topped with light cream cheese (a thin layer) then she sprinkles raw broccoli, cauliflower and carrots that have been cut into teeny tiny pieces on top - almost shredded.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,727 Member
    Options
    We do the same thing in our office!

I enjoy cooking so once I made a healthy breakfast caserole using turkey sausage, reduced fat cheddar cheese, and eggs and extra egg whites with skim milk. It was a hit too!

Also, I've made a low fat bean dip. I get 1 can of the fat free refried beans and mix it with 1 can of black beans, spread it in a caserole dish, then add reduced fat cheese then layer on greek yogurt (naturally fat free and super yummy!). Then I sprinkle a little cummin on top. Serve with chips or pretles or pita chips. It's usually a big hit as well.

Hummus is another winner!

Guacamole
    Salsa
    Little cucumber sandwiches

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. :happy:
    Your bean dip sounds delicious!
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    veggie tray
    fruit tray
    cut up strawberries, angel food cake, and fat free cool whip