This works...do not give up !!

Options
Woke up January 15 weighing 255 pounds and determined to stick to my calories no matter what. lost . Lost 8 quick pounds in about 10 days. My weight stayed at 247 then for about 3 weeks. Very discouraged after a bit i began to think maybe this just doesn't work for me :-( . Then last Wednesday my body finally reacted and i began to finally lose weight again !! I lost 5 pounds since weighing in at 242. Don't give up whoever might be reading this---i almost made that mistake. Stay the course. Ask for patience from those around you as far as eating out. This is a huge factor for me. Make good choices it will work.

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    well done.

good attitude.
  • bcverruto
    bcverruto Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy i read your post. I lost 7 lbs in 10 days and haven't lost anything since. Started to get discouraged until i read what you said. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    you dont get anywhere by quitting, you're proof of this :) congrats
  • AshyyMM
    AshyyMM Posts: 131
    Options
    Way to keep pushing forward. there will be weeks when there aren't any results. and coming back and reading this will be a great reminder.. I'm definitely guilty of being disappointed and wanting to give up when I dont lose anything... Keep pushing you'll do great! :)
  • babycakeslove11
    Options
    Thank you for this. I got on the message boards as a nice break from studying and was about to close this and go back to studying, but the title of your post caught my attention. I figured I would read "just one more post" and it's the best one I have read tonight. I dropped 10 pounds in the first couple weeks since I started, and have been stuck going up and down in the same 5 pound range for the past 3-4 weeks. I have been getting really frustrated and wanting to give up, but something in me keeps saying that I will regret it if I give up. I'm at least not gaining back the 10 pounds I already lost, so I'm not completely failing. I haven't seen that next weight loss quite yet, but I feel a new sense of motivation after seeing that others are struggling and can still overcome it without giving up. I'm really determined to NOT give up this time, and I thank you for posting this to remind me that we all hit obstacles on this journey!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!