Need a Friend- or two, or three :)

Options
Hi all! I'm April- I'm a very busy SAHM of two kids under 4. I need someone (maybe other Momma's?) of youngin's to help me out? I've been at this two and a half weeks, have only lost 5 lbs- and pretty much have no idea what I'm doing or where to start. My goal is 20 lbs by April 1st, I started Feb 1st. I'm starting to give up after only 2 1/2 weeks- and I just need help! Someone who won't get annoyed with tons of questions from me, lol. I need NEED motivation as well. Thank you :)

Replies

• sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    hi april!! well, i don't have any kids, but i have a very large family with younger siblings and i am a nursing student and might be able to help you out with some of your questions! i have been regularly exercising since the end of the summer and have lost 42 pounds. if you would like, you can definitely friend me (:
  • apiebojo
    Options
    Thank you! I definitely will :)
  • thumpthumpdrag
    Options
    You can add me. I'm also a busy mom (twin 9yr olds and a 13 yr old) whose been on MFP for a few weeks, lost 5 lbs... would like to lose 30, but would be perfectly fine with just getting in better shape, whatever that weight is... I don't know if I'm very motivational but I can try. And I don't mind questions.
  • Worthy2013
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mother of two boys. One is 4 and the other 2. I'm actually new to this too but I'd be happy to offer support. I would love to have your support too. If want to friend me, I'll do my best to answer your questions.
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am looking for friends on here all the time for support and to support <3
  • KasiaGrubasia
    Options
    Hi, I am a mom of two girls (4.5 and 2.5). I would love to have a friend on here too!!! I have just started today (once again:)).
    I don't know if I can offer any advice, but I am definitely ready to offer support and motivation (I need that too!!!).
  • BcoolNgreat
    BcoolNgreat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi April, I am a mom with two grown up kids and would like to help in anyway that I can. Because you have two small children my advice is don't plan for long work out periods-like an hour a day or more. Take it in short breaks; ok. I will do 15 situps now and 15 something for the thigh muscles etc. That's what I used to do then. Do it slowly what you can, till build up your fitness and stamina. At the start doing 8 times may be hard but slowly bring it up to 15 times or what ever you want. The main thing is that you do it. Of course, it has to be coupled with good food habits. Don't follow a particular diet for 3 weeks or whatever, because after that you will start eating your normal food and will put on again! So eat your normal food but in small quantities. You must be disciplined not to nibble at sweets and crackers etc. Best to keep some nuts handy. I am sure you will be successful.
  • BcoolNgreat
    BcoolNgreat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I like to be your friend. You don't have to give any advice but just share anything that you think is good. As for me, I am not somebody special but loves interactions with people. I am a piano teacher and a proofreader/ editor who works from home; I am married with two lovely grown up "kids"! I just like being friends.
  • hollydetra
    hollydetra Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm April- I'm a very busy SAHM of two kids under 4. I need someone (maybe other Momma's?) of youngin's to help me out? I've been at this two and a half weeks, have only lost 5 lbs- and pretty much have no idea what I'm doing or where to start. My goal is 20 lbs by April 1st, I started Feb 1st. I'm starting to give up after only 2 1/2 weeks- and I just need help! Someone who won't get annoyed with tons of questions from me, lol. I need NEED motivation as well. Thank you :)

Hi April! I have a big problem with motivation as well - the only way I've found to get back on the wagon, is MFP! Honestly - everyone here is so awesome! I'm great at giving motivation! Feel free to add me as a friend - I know you can do it!
  • apiebojo
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! I look forward to working hard with each and every one of you. I can't believe how great and supportive this community is! Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU. :)