Interesting realization

Options
I started changing to a healthier lifestyle in September last year after "getting it", i.e. understanding that if I keep putting the change off until "tomorrow', I'll run out of "tomorrows" eventually. I am happy with the change, I still love the food I am eating (originally I had dreaded I'd miss all that junk, but no) and I actually like moving :-)

The other day, while I was sitting on my stationary bike, I kept looking at some 25lb weight plates I had bought recently. After finishing my cardio I picked up the plates and walked around with them. I came to realize that the 2 weights amount to 50lbs, pretty much what I had lost so far. This made me think about 2 things: Nice success, first milestone reached, kudos to me. The other thing was: OMG, I've been running around with all that weight voluntarily, every freaking day! No wonder I was out of energy and felt like crap...

All that to say: If you need some motivation or reinforcement regarding why you wanted to lose weight in the first place, pick up a dumbbell or two and walk around with them for a while. It certainly has been interesting and motivating for me.

Replies

• TillyNix
    TillyNix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It is so very true!!! for me the realization came when I told my sister (at the beginning) that I was loosing one pound a week.

She said: "Take a pound of butter in your hand and look at it and feel its weight.... that is what you are loosing every week!!! "

I was shocked, especially I can put 28 of those pound of butter on the counter and visualized what I had lost.

Very nice post !!

Thanks for sharing :-)
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    Congratulations! I like to think of things that way too, but since I bake, I think of a five-pound bag of sugar or flour. Five pounds may not seem like a lot, but if I was walking around all day carrying an extra bag of sugar, it would get old real fast. Great job on the 50-pound loss -- you're carrying around 10 less bags of sugar!
  • taigatoo
    Options
    I like the butter and the sugar/flour comparisons :-)