Any other "Fit by 40's" here?

Options
I have made a VOW to myself to be in the best shape I have been or can be by my 40th bday (10/31/2011).

I started losing weight for the 1st REAL time at 27 before my wedding. Got Pg w/ 1st, got back down to ALMOST wedding weight. Got pg w/ twins in 2005. Had them in 2006 and I'm still trying to lose all of the weight! About 10 more lbs and I will be back to where I was 2 yrs ago. I have gained about 15 lbs in the past 2 yrs I believe due to stress and my reaction to it!

I am done w/ having kids and I am HOPING my mind set is finally there to get back down on the scale!

That would be an awesome 40th yr for me, to be the best shape/size/feeling I have ever been! If I did it before, I can do it again!

BUT I will say...this is SO much harder now than it was 11+ yrs ago! Maybe it's b/c I am busier now and have a house full of kids!! LOL (3).

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You can deffiantely do this.....goodluck on your journey
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Nice job on your journey! I also like your signature! So true!! WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • Tami22
    Tami22 Posts: 56
    Options
    I am also going to be 40 this year Sept...I am seriously bummed about it but an trying to loose weight to hopefully feel better about myself. This Thursday, I will also be married 15 years and we have an 8 year old daughter...

So, I am with YOU!!!!
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here's another soon to be 40-er . . . I'll be 39 this June and just started this journey earlier this year. Sad to say though, I've been having a hard time lately keeping on track . . . but I just keep getting back on and trying again! I've lost 13 pounds so far and haven't gained it back so that's a good thing, if I could just maintain until my body gets back into the lose mode I'll be satisfied! September will be my 10 year wedding anniversay and I have a 17 y/o and a 3 y/o! Good luck to everyone and welcome!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 wasn't that bad. I turn 41 next month. Then I'm "in my forties." I can just feel the wind in my hair as my wheelchair steadily picks up speed downhill! :laugh:
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good one surlydave, I have something to look forward to next year! :sad:
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am a "Fit by 40" too. I think that milestone is one I need to hit feeling good about myself. I have promised myself that I will begin my 40's feeling confident, thinner and happier. We can do this and we will accomplish our goals !!! :)
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 38 by the end of this year. But, I have already thought about the idea of being in my best shape ever by the time I hit 40. My 20th high school reunion is next year so I hope to have already lost all the weight that I wanted to since beginning here. However, my first goal is to have at least lost 30lbs by my anniversary which is in November. I believe I've set realistic goals for myself and as long as I remain dedicated to this new lifestyle, I think it's all very possible. Here's to wishing us all luck in not making turning 40 a scary thing!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Good one surlydave, I have something to look forward to next year! :sad:

Hey, you have a whole year. What's my goal.... fit by 50???

Besides, just remember that mentally you can still act like you are in your 20's.
  • mom2alykat
    mom2alykat Posts: 1
    Options
    I"m a "fit by 40". I've also got a vacation in Hawaii coming up next March that will definitely be requiring some bathing suit wearing. I also have twins born March 2007....none of that baby weight has left me either...time to get to work!!

Also just "restarted" MFP today.. and did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred level one today for the first time. Plan on trying to stick to my calorie goals on this site and doing the 30 day shred 5 days a week along with some walking. Anybody else "restarting" or just starting today?