No More Excuses -- Week 29

Options
1st off, Welcome to all the new folks, we love having lots of people join our group.

Well it was really a 3 way tie, but there can only be one true Biggest loser this week, so congrats to SlimKitty for having the biggest percentage of weight loss this week. I had to go out an extra decimal place to figure it out. Everyone either gained or lost a pound this week. As a group, we still lost a few pounds, and that is a good thing!!!!

MFP.jpg

So SlimKitty, what's our challenge this week?:flowerforyou:

So for anyone who wants to join. This is the drill. During your 1st week, send me your starting weight, last Sunday's weight, and this week's weigh in (we do them on Sunday). All information must be sent to me by noon Central on Monday. All subsequent week's you just have to give me your current weight on Sunday.

This is an open group, and we love to have new people join. If you want to join, go ahead and start posting, tell us about yourself, we have been doing this diet thing a while and may be able to answer a lot of our questions!!!!

Replies

• jienelle
    jienelle Posts: 29
    Options
    I want to join! Where will you be posting this weekly?

I started at 171 lbs.
    Last week (16 May) I weighed 152
    This week (23 May) I weighed 152.4

I feel kind of bummed out because during the middle of the week I weighed 150.2 but then I gained it all back and some during the weekend. This seems to be a pattern for me - I do well all week but then I mess it all up during the weekends.

I'm trying to lose weight/gain muscle tone so that I can look and feel healthy. I try to work out 6 days a week. On two of the days, in addition to my usual cardio routine (Insanity) - I lift weights for an hour.
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Options
    Ooooooo....I want to join! Please?
  • tigermom79
    tigermom79 Posts: 740
    Options
    You two are both welcome....jump right in. Jack explains how we work just below the chart above!

Congrats to all the "losers". That is totally awesome! Can't wait to see what our challenge is this week from Slimkitty! (Who ever is the biggest looser gives us our challenge for the week)

Glad to be back on track somewhat!!! ;) If my teeth start hurting now that the numbing is wearing off, I may loose a lot. Had some cottage cheese and peaches for lunch with some crackers. But WOW!!! It is starting to ache.

Talk to you all tonight or in the morning!
    Ann
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So for this week we are continuing on last week's challenge by drinking at least 8 cups of water and 30 minute exercise and adding a BIG GREEN SALAD every day. So at least 2 cups of leafy greens before lunch or dinner (all kinds of lettuces, spinach, kale, dandelion and whatever else yoou can think of).

Good luck everyone!
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So for this week we are continuing on last week's challenge by drinking at least 8 cups of water and 30 minute exercise and adding a BIG GREEN SALAD every day. So at least 2 cups of leafy greens before lunch or dinner (all kinds of lettuces, spinach, kale, dandelion and whatever else yoou can think of).

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations on the most lost and our new challenge sounds delicious!!! I better run to the grocery store! :happy:
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    My big problem seems to be the weekends too!. I was down a pound until the long May 24 weekend holiday. I did garden a lot this weekend and am so sore. So perhaps tomorrow will get rid of the fluid buildup (beer) and my hard work will pay off.

smwert (susan)
  • hawkeye01
    hawkeye01 Posts: 162
    Options
    Thanks for the chart Jack.

Congrats to all our losers this week! I like the challenge as well. I normally eat a small salad for lunch during the week, so I will need to bump it up a notch.

Hope everyone has a great week. Hawkeye
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Evening all...Today is my birthday so my hubby and boys took me out to dinner. I had a big salad with FF ranch dressing. I didn't do too bad on the buffet items either but I did have a piece of carrot cake. I missed my exercise today but tomorrow is gym day. I am going thrifting and to lunch with my step-mom and sister so that should be a great day. See you tomorrow.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    My big salad tonight consisted of romaine lettuce, baby spinach, green bell peppers, cucumbers, shredded purple cabbage, feta cheese and a few green olives. This was my complete dinner so that's why I added the cheese and olives. They added amazing flavor and I totally enjoyed it.

I usually slack off on the water until I find myself dehydrated, so now I am going to measure 10 cups of water in a big pitcher for tomorrow. I will place it in my refrigerator and plan to finish drinking it by dinner time tomorrow.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Evening all. Congrats to all the loser, and welcome to all the newbies. I was a dreary rainy cold long weekend here. Didn't eat the greatest this weekend, but better then others. And got back at it today. Did my 30 min walk and burned 289 cals. Going for a massage tomorrow so hopefully my shoulder will get better so I can get back into my DVD's and weights.

Like the challenge. I really didn't have a big salad today, but did have a caesar wrap for lunch, and drank my water for the day.

This week is suppose to be ugly again for weather, which is stressful for a farmer.

Tammy - Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great day.

Jack - Thanks for the chart.
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Evening all...Today is my birthday so my hubby and boys took me out to dinner. I had a big salad with FF ranch dressing. I didn't do too bad on the buffet items either but I did have a piece of carrot cake. I missed my exercise today but tomorrow is gym day. I am going thrifting and to lunch with my step-mom and sister so that should be a great day. See you tomorrow.

Hope you had a terrific birthday!

Hawkeye
  • hawkeye01
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Team,

Hope everyone is having a very active healthy week thus far. I have been changing my workouts up a bit to keep things interesting and it seems to be working so far. I was religously doing cardio for x time and then focusing on strength training for x time while rotating body parts throughout the week. So on the advice of a trainer, I have begun mixing things up with only doing strength, only cardio or both with strength coming first. I didn't really think it would make that much of a difference, but have noticed that I am having a much more effective workout. It was just what I needed to get out of the rut I was in.

Anyway, I am ramling so have a great rest of the week and holiday weekend. Don't know about you, but long holiday weekends are always a challenge to eat right and get my workouts in.

Hawkeye
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team!!! WOW....did have a chance to check in yesterday.

Happy Birthday Tammy!!! And our challenge sounds super. However I just read it so am a little late getting started on it. The salad idea is great as i need to push more of that!

Didn't make it to Curves yesterday as I had twirling and then a meeting for my son's summer play. He has 2 parts in it which entails 2 costumes!!! URGGGG.....It is well worth it as he loves Drama!!!

Am looking forward to a wonderful day. Starting off with my green tea here at my desk and will make smart choices the rest of the day!! ;)

I love reading everyone's posts. It is so encouraging!!! Have a great half-way day!!!!!
  • renaegry
    Options
    Morning all. Well yesturday I never accomplished anything except for pigging out on chinese food for lunch (but I ate good the rest of the day), no salad thou, and drinking quite a few beer, so I don't think I got my water in either. The only thing good about drinking beer is the next day weigh in is really low from dehydration. This morning I was down 2.5 pounds, if only it would stay off.

Today is really cold and windy here today. I am going to try to go for a walk after lunch.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi team...Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a great day. We are going to see the Greenville Drive baseball game today. We planned to go Monday for my birthday but it rained us out. I had a great day yesterday thrifting with my step-mom and sister but of course I ate enough food to fill a bathtub. Fatz' Cafe gave us free dessert for our birthdays and it was deep fried cheesecake and brownie bites with ice cream. That was a new one for me but it was fabulous. I will try to get back to the gym tomorrow. I am really slacking this week. Hope everyone is having a great week. See you tomorrow.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just want to give a heads up, going on vacation next week, and not sure about my availability of internet access. I may have the chart ready by Monday at the usual time, or I may be completely out of commision. Either way, i have a feeling my streak of consective days using the service will come to an end.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning Team!!! Well......yesterday was a good day I think. Didn't get my salad in though dad gome it!

Made it to curves last night and then my hubby and I went for a 2 mile quick walk which always feels great. Even though we fought the stupid wind the whole time! URG....I wish it would go away!

Today is another hectic day at the office and then to curves tonight.

Anyone else have great plans for the holiday week-end? I think my brother, hubby and one of our sons will take a trip to Red River. Its the Red River Motorcycle run and my brother has never gone and wants too. Will feel good to be back on the bike!

Have a super Thursday!
    Ann
  • renaegry
    Options
    It is to cold and dreary to get myself motivated to exercise this week. Hopefully will get back into the groove on Monday when the sun is suppose to shine.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    Hey Jack - have a great vacation.
    susan
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Morning all!!!! YAY!!! We made it to Friday! AND....I had my salad last night! I also plan on having one today at lunch. I think I drank all my water yesterday. Kind of lost track.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday week-end and try and make smart choices!! ;) If we go on the bike it is always tough but I am going to give it my best shot!

Happy Memorial Day!