Please help!!!!

Options
So, I'm the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I'm in fashion. My boyfriend won't let me eat low cal, or healthy. (He will let me eat a salad as long as it's with a pie or fried stuff). He says it's because I never stick to it and if I want to lose weight I should do it through exercise. The thing is, I can't motivate myself to exercise when I've just been eating crap all day (I live with him and he does all the shopping - I'm sort of agoraphobic)! So, I've turned into a fat, lazy slob! I might have a media thing coming up soon and I will have to turn it down unless I can lose weight QUICK! Please give me you advice! I'm feeling really ****ty and unattractive too, so anything you have to make me feel a little better too would be great! <3

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My first question is why you let your boyfriend "let" you do anything? Do you tend to try to lose weight through unhealthy means like starvation? Tell him you can handle your own food and then take care of yourself--eat enough, watch your macros, and do a healthy amount of exercise.

I know you said you are agoraphobic, but it sounds like you can leave for work. Treat grocery shopping as work. Accompany him and remember you are doing this for your career and for you. Buy foods you will enjoy that will make you feel good.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "My first question is why you let your boyfriend "let" you do anything?"

I second this question.
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been wandering the same thing lately. He just tells me to exercise and eat what he eats (he likes eating crap) because his brother eats LOADS and he's not fat. (But he's a guy and does weights all day so....). I used to starve myself, yes. Maybe that's why he's not 'letting' me then. <3
  • katoabes
    katoabes Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I third the BF comments? Sounds like you need to lose about 190lbs of man!

Do this for yourself, you can do it!
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Get yourself into therapy to find out why a) you're agoraphobic, b) why you allow your boyfriend to dictate what you eat, and c) why you eat the way that you do. In the process, you will discover things about yourself that will let you evolve into a better, happier person. Much luck to you.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    So your boyfriend forces you to put food in your mouth? Do you only do the things your boyfriend allows? If you want to eat healthy, do it. Don't allow someone to tell you what you have to put in your body.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Have you considered asking him to buy a few healthier options so that if you want to eat them you can. It doesnt have to be everything in the house all at once. But maybe if you had a couple options that were healthier for you, he may begin incorporating more healthy foods into the grocery list, for both of you.

If he isnt willing to give you a shot at healthier eating, do it yourself. He cant possible be there for every meal you have, there have to be 1-2 during the day when he is gone. Choose those meals to eat healthy and only eat half of the unhealthy things he makes for the other meal.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    If you used to starve yourself, he does have good intentions, but he's doing it all wrong.

Go grocery shopping (go in the middle of the morning on a weekday, if you can, it's less crowded). Show him how much you can eat of healthy food. And eat a LOT of it. Tell him that it will only be for a week, and if he's not satisfied with how much you're eating by the end, you'll do research together about how you can both be happy with your journey.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    You set your diary to 900 calories. Unless a doctor told you to do that, that is not even remotely healthy. I think you need to seek professional help, rather than advice here. I don't say that to be mean, it just looks like you need more than what can be provided by an internet forum.
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Sounds like you need to lose about 190lbs of man!

THIS!!!
  • Lollops
    Lollops Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your comments about my boyfriend but he's all I have (I have no friends or family). He supports me, I don't make much money so he pays the bills etc. He's a great guy, I'm sure he has his reasons for not 'letting' me. But anyway, can anyone help me with advice about WEIGHT LOSS please? Like, is there a way I can trick him into letting me eat less/healthier. Any really effective diets you know about? Any tips you have for quick weight loss? <3
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My first question is why you let your boyfriend "let" you do anything?
    You can do anything you want. I agree with almost everyone else. If you want to lose the weight, you can do it. I agree with shopping for yourself.
  • mdklaus
    Options
    Sorry, but I third the BF comments? Sounds like you need to lose about 190lbs of man!

LOL--190lbs of man. I totally agree.

As far as getting him to 'let you' do things or 'tricking' him, that is hard. Every instinct I have is to tell you that if you have to do any of those things, weight is not your issue.

Quick weight loss--sorry. Quick off, quick back on. However, try to eat things like whole grains, lean protein, low fat dairy. Better choices without being too extreme.
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your comments about my boyfriend but he's all I have (I have no friends or family). He supports me, I don't make much money so he pays the bills etc. He's a great guy, I'm sure he has his reasons for not 'letting' me. But anyway, can anyone help me with advice about WEIGHT LOSS please? Like, is there a way I can trick him into letting me eat less/healthier. Any really effective diets you know about? Any tips you have for quick weight loss? <3

Sorry, I didn't read this before posting. How about if he keeps buying the unhealthy foods, try eating them in smaller portions maybe? Or maybe throw some ideas of foods that you like that he may like too
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I'm sorry sweetie, I really am, but this entire post suggests to me that you really do need someone supportive in the non-internet world to talk to (therapist, spiritual leader, whomever) besides your boyfriend. If you'd like to look into this but don't have health insurance, check the universities around you to see if they offer a low/no cost counseling clinic, call your local united way for referrals to sliding scale professionals.

If you are feeling you need to trick or hide, you aren't in a healthy relationship--either with yourself and food or with your boyfriend (or both.) I wouldn't feel right giving you advice on either your weight loss or your relationship because of this. We just don't know enough about you. I really hope you reach out to someone who can give you better support. I wish you well and am truly sorry you aren't really getting what you were looking for from us. :flowerforyou:
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    OP, you have 22 pounds to lose and have a goal set to 900 calories. Your BF shouldn't have any control over what you eat, but it sounds like he's terrified of HOW you're eating, so that's why he's laying on thick with the more calorie dense foods.

You need to eat more, regardless. It doesn't have to be the pies or fried foods he eats and seems to be pushing, but show him you are eating by ACTUALLY eating.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    This is something you need to do for you, not the boyfriend who is clearly not supportive and even a saboteur. There are no quick fixes. It takes hard work and determination. You didn't gain weight overnight and you're not going to get thin overnight either. I know everyone says loose the BF, and unless he can learn to be a positive support in your efforts, I'd agree with the rest of the posters.

Plug in to this website. Get connected to people. It really makes a difference. You'll discover a lot about yourself along the way and you'll make friends. And if the BF needs to go, he needs to go. :flowerforyou:
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options

^^^ This
  • Suewags
    Suewags Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Get yourself into therapy to find out why a) you're agoraphobic, b) why you allow your boyfriend to dictate what you eat, and c) why you eat the way that you do. In the process, you will discover things about yourself that will let you evolve into a better, happier person. Much luck to you.
    You set your diary to 900 calories. Unless a doctor told you to do that, that is not even remotely healthy. I think you need to seek professional help, rather than advice here. I don't say that to be mean, it just looks like you need more than what can be provided by an internet forum.
    I'm sorry sweetie, I really am, but this entire post suggests to me that you really do need someone supportive in the non-internet world to talk to (therapist, spiritual leader, whomever) besides your boyfriend. If you'd like to look into this but don't have health insurance, check the universities around you to see if they offer a low/no cost counseling clinic, call your local united way for referrals to sliding scale professionals.

If you are feeling you need to trick or hide, you aren't in a healthy relationship--either with yourself and food or with your boyfriend (or both.) I wouldn't feel right giving you advice on either your weight loss or your relationship because of this. We just don't know enough about you. I really hope you reach out to someone who can give you better support. I wish you well and am truly sorry you aren't really getting what you were looking for from us.

Please read these three comments over again and take them to heart. You need to talk with a professional and learn why you are eating this way and acting this way. When you can get to the root of your problems, you can get to be a healthy weight.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Please find someone, other than your boyfriend to speak to. You don't have alot to lose and want to eat 900 cals a day?? And your boyfriend won't let you eat less or eat healthy? Seriously, find someone to speak to and ditch the boyfriend. It only gets worse.