Sabotaged at work!!

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The funny part is all the people in this thread that really believe that diet soda causes sugar binges.

star-treks-captain-picard.jpg
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mifog9TYfT1ql5yr7o1_500.gif
  • monte_mary
    Options
    Alright, here's thing thing.... YOU made the choice and it's time for YOU to own it. You decided to spend the money. No one forced your arm to pay for it. It was a nice gesture by a coworker to give you the diet soda, but we have control of ourselves. I have been given all types of food, yes, now that is sabotage...foods that are desserts handed to me. "Oh, you can have just a little bite." The answer you say to them is "yes, thank you!" And guess what your next step is that no one talks about.... You throw it out! Wrap it up, and throw it out. You will feel IN CONTROL and it's powerful. It's time for you to stop passing blame and take control. I know this comes across harsh, but again, no one said you had to put that money in the machine. You need to come to work armed with healthy choices to prevent such of your own sabotage. Just my two cents...
  • monte_mary
    Options
    absolutely agree with your taking a VICTIM stance - until you get over the victim mentality, you're always going to put the blame outside of yourself. take responsibility for what YOU put in YOUR mouth.
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

I don't see the point in being mean to me. Im just sharing with you the struggles that I have had today. How would you feel if someone forced you to eat 3 cinnamon rolls, a bear claw, 2 brownies and a cookie. Also subway was giving out free cookies with purchase of a sub. NOT COOL subway!!

Hold on a minute... Really?????? Just say no to subway... Practice people... "No, thank you."
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I feel like that at work sometimes too. I work at a credit union and we get chocolates, donuts, bagels and muffins bought for us on a usual basis. Learn to say "no thank you" It works wonders. and when they don't accept no thank you, give it away. Our last dozen of donuts we gave away to our customers. They loved it.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So this morning a coworker gave me a diet dr pepper cause he got an extra one from the vending machine. I thought okay that's really nice and its zero calories right? WRONG! That set off a reaction that was totally out of my control. Well it turns out that artificial sweetener found in diet sodas put me into some sort of feeding frenzy. I had the most uncontrollable cravings. Then as I walk past the cafeteria they have a display of cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, Brownies, and Cookies. This is totally unfair now because I am already in my crazed hunger state in which I have no control for my actions. BAM!!! all of the sudden im back at my desk with $10 less in my wallet and have consumed all the sweets that I was sabotaged with. This is the exact reason why we are all fat in America. This was not my fault and now I have consumed far too many calories and will gain weight.

We all have moments of weakness. I do, you do, we all do.
    T
    However, my issue with this isn't so much what happened, but how you describe it.
    "I have no control for my actions"
    "I was sabotaged with"
    "This was not my fault"

These are all VICTIM words. Unless you were subject to gavage (tubal force-feeding), NO ONE MADE YOU DO ANYTHING.
    You are NOT a victim. YOU made the choice to eat all of those things.

If you want control of your life and your behavior, start taking responsibility for YOUR actions.

I know this is all true because *I* have ~135lbs to lose because *I* made very bad choices, *I* didn't exercise enough, and *I* let myself get to this point.

This! What do you mean its not your fault. Of course it is. You make a choice you live with the consequences. Tell yourself you will learn from what happened today
  • monte_mary
    Options
    Excellent words, terijoestoes.
  • terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    absolutely agree with your taking a VICTIM stance - until you get over the victim mentality, you're always going to put the blame outside of yourself. take responsibility for what YOU put in YOUR mouth.
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

I don't see the point in being mean to me. Im just sharing with you the struggles that I have had today. How would you feel if someone forced you to eat 3 cinnamon rolls, a bear claw, 2 brownies and a cookie. Also subway was giving out free cookies with purchase of a sub. NOT COOL subway!!

No one is trying to be mean they are trying to get you to see that you have a choice you have the power to change your life. No one forced you to est anything
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The funny part is all the people in this thread that really believe that diet soda causes sugar binges.

Do you have proof it doesn't?

I know that when I cut out all soda, diet or regular I don't get the munchies or crave much if anything. I simply have natural hunger that is satisfied when I eat good food. If I good food but drink diet soda I find myself reaching for other things.

I'm sure there are many people who aren't sensitive to sodas, asparatame or any food for that matter. Doesn't mean that some are.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Do you have proof it doesn't?

I know that when I cut out all soda, diet or regular I don't get the munchies or crave much if anything. I simply have natural hunger that is satisfied when I eat good food. If I good food but drink diet soda I find myself reaching for other things.

I'm sure there are many people who aren't sensitive to sodas, asparatame or any food for that matter. Doesn't mean that some are.

Do you have proof it does?

I haven't drank soda for a couple years and a couple years before that - rarely. And I still get cravings and want to munch.
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lol thank you all for getting this to a full 3 pages. I obviously am trolling and do not believe diet soda causes this. This was just my odd attempt to show how ridiculous people are that claim significant other or coworkers sabotage them'
  • Castine12
    Options
    OMG! I feel the exact same way. I usually NEVER drink soda, even when it's diet. I recently was at a baby shower last weekend where soda was everywhere and I really didn't have much to choose from, so I just chose a diet coke...it turns out I ate all the junk there was available. I felt horrible :/

America's usual diet is like a ripple effect - once you make a bad decision, it only leads to worse decisions. It's only up to us to have the mentality to break the habit.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Lol thank you all for getting this to a full 3 pages. I obviously am trolling and do not believe diet soda causes this. This was just my odd attempt to show how ridiculous people are that claim significant other or coworkers sabotage them'

OMG, no seriously, this DOES happen! This girl I know wanted to lose weight really bady and her friend said she would help and got her these awesome weightloss bars and she ate them and kept putting on weight and it turned out the bars were actually weight GAIN bars and the other girl was just being a real BITC.....

Oh, wait. That was Mean Girls.

Never mind.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Diet soda has given me cancer, diabetes, and made me gain 800 pounds. It has also stolen my husband and dog, crashed my car, and told me I was ugly. I feel your pain.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So this morning a coworker gave me a diet dr pepper cause he got an extra one from the vending machine. I thought okay that's really nice and its zero calories right? WRONG! That set off a reaction that was totally out of my control. Well it turns out that artificial sweetener found in diet sodas put me into some sort of feeding frenzy. I had the most uncontrollable cravings. Then as I walk past the cafeteria they have a display of cinnamon rolls, chocolate muffins, Brownies, and Cookies. This is totally unfair now because I am already in my crazed hunger state in which I have no control for my actions. BAM!!! all of the sudden im back at my desk with $10 less in my wallet and have consumed all the sweets that I was sabotaged with. This is the exact reason why we are all fat in America. This was not my fault and now I have consumed far too many calories and will gain weight.

sometimes life just isnt fair!!!!
  • crystalbrooke93
    Options
    You need to rub jojoba oil under your armpits immediately to counteract this travesty.
  • spiritedsaviour
    spiritedsaviour Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Diet soda has given me cancer, diabetes, and made me gain 800 pounds. It has also stolen my husband and dog, crashed my car, and told me I was ugly. I feel your pain.

Raspberry ketones will fix everything. EVERYTHING! And you'll lose 5 stone in a week with these three special tips. Mail me your bank details for more information.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Raspberry ketones will fix everything. EVERYTHING! And you'll lose 5 stone in a week with these three special tips. Mail me your bank details for more information.

I'll keep it in mind if this pregnant lady pee thing doesn't pan out.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    Options
    You had a binge and it wasn't your fault. Your body reacted in that way because you haven't been eating in that manner for a while. Don't kick yourself for it. Did you enjoy the snacks at least? Hopefully you did. Just try again tomorrow and remember not to accept anymore soda lol.
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Do you think green tea extracts will help reverse what I did?

:laugh: