I'm down 95.5 pounds in 12.5 months

Options
I've always struggled with my weight. So, last February I made the decision to do something about it and I couldn't be happier with that decision. I'm not going crazy with it. Just made lifestyle changes and what a difference its made. I changed my diet and started exercising. I went from being super lazy and not carrying what i ate to feeling guilty when I don't go on the treadmill and checking labels like crazy. When i first started i didn't think i could do it but I'm happy to say that i proved myself wrong. Plus it's honestly been earlier than i expected.

I've been in the plus sized department for a long long time. That made my clothing options limited and i hated that. I can now say that i am out of plus sized clothing and can wear regular sized clothing. Finding that out was an amazing moment.

I absolutely love telling people what I've accomplished and love getting the compliments. It has has made a huge impact on my self esteem.

My journey has definitely been long and hard and a lot of work but definitely worth all the work.

Replies

• larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations on such an excellent weight loss. Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing.
  • alisi85
    alisi85 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's freaking amazing congrats on your weight loss I hope I will have the same success too!! You look great! :)
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job! Do you have a pic of before and after? For some reason, it makes others appreciate more the work you have put into being healthy. Well done!
    :smile:
  • SuzanneHoy
    Options
    What setting did you use to loose so much in a year? 2 lbs per week? Did you find that certain foods helped to fill you and keep you from getting cravings? How often did you exercise and for how long. Nearly 100 lb in a year with just eating healthy real foods and exercise is so awesome. You must feel so much better, more energetic and comfortable too. Now keep up with maintenance so that the weight doesn't creep back up on you. I lost 60 lbs once using low calorie doctor supervised shakes but since the food wasn't real and natural I couldn't live on shakes forever and the weight crept back on. Your natural weight loss success really gives me new hope that I may be able to achieve as well. Thank you !
  • fateofastar
    Options
    Heres before and after pics. Sorry if they're big.

Before
    IMG00036-20100918-1538.jpg

After
    2013-02-07_13-42-16_878.jpg
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Congrats!!! Amazing before and after!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    fantastic achievement!!
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing. I hope I can follow in your footsteps. It sound that you have learnt how to make healthier choices and get more active. I now enjoy the gym who would have thought it!
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    you're amazing! Congrats! And Thanks ...:flowerforyou: ...for the motivation
  • Lucendiluna
    Lucendiluna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :happy: Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment! I hope you feel much healthier now. It's crazy to think the change we see in the pics happened in a YEAR. BRAVO!!!
  • rpearl2626
    Options
    Congrats! You look super!
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • fateofastar
    Options
    Suzanne,
    I don't really follow a set plan. I go in the treadmill 4-5 times a week for about 100 minutes. I still eat what i like just a lot less. I really pay attention to serving sizes.
    I feel so much better about myself after losing the weight. I'm not the 'big one' anymore. Definitely happier with myself.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!