Please someone help!

Options
Hey friends,
I am just feeling a little beat down. I am eating about 1550 calories and then whatever I burn back everyday in exercise calories. However, tonight, I found myself eating atleast 4-5 tablespoons of peanut butter and just straight up junk. I am really feeling beat down like I cannot maintain my healthy weight and would really like some guidance from friends.

Am I eating too little? I am 115 lbs. and 5'3.
Thanks!

Replies

• vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Your daily calories sound about right, but I'm no expert. Maybe on the low side if anything. MFP should tell you what you should be eating. Don't worry about the peanut butter and junk, just try and do better tomorrow.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are a little frustrated and eating out of frustration. Don't be down on yourself, tomorrow is another day and you can get back on track. Are you trying to lose weight or just maintain?
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wish I was 115 lbs! Don't worry - tomorrow is another day.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    If this is the first time you have done that - CALM DOWN!!!! Meltdowns happen to everyone once in awhile - just wake up tomorrow and start over with your healthy eating.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your just eating youd bmr?
    If you maintainbyour weight you should be able to eat your whole daily needed calories.
    Of course yoir body wants more.
    Dont cut out all treats as the you will most likely binge someday.
    For some people a treat eberyday works, for others a cheat day a week.
  • MarieG2023
    MarieG2023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Looks like you're getting enough calories for your weight. Maybe you are stress eating today? I agree with the others...tomorrow is another day. Exchange the peanut butter calories for healthier ones.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Were you eating the junk out of upset or boredom? I do like peanut butter once in awhile, though I'm trying to find a healthier version. I lost a tone of weight eating just a tsp of peanut butter when my sweet cravings were bad. It'd fulfill them and I'd move on without eating junk.
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    I am currently trying to maintain my weight, for those who asked :)
    I just feel like tomorrow I should cut back because of the damage I did today... Thoughts?
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    BUMP!
  • lorimore
    Options
    Everyone deserves/ will have an off day when you just eat whatever, don't be down about yourself :)
  • lorimore
    Options
    No, tomorrow is another day treat it like that, don't cut back on a day because of what you have eaten the previous day :)
  • lorimore
    Options
    Wait, why are you trying to lose weight if you are only 115 lb??!
  • cindylmanly
    cindylmanly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Do not cut back tomorrow! It's no big deal. Just move forward. We all have these days! Seriously!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    sounds like something more is going on. Are you tired, sad, lonely, sick, depressed? Maybe you are getting bored too. Are you making sure to get some yummy fat in you diet?

Dont let some peanut butter get you done figure you got some extra protein, heart healthy fats, and skin beautifying vitamin E in you diet.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    This happens to EVERYBODY. Your body had a rush, needed something dense and filling - you gave it to him :)

Don't worry about this at all. Just continue normal routine. If this happens more than once a week you need to up your calories a bit. But maybe you just had a one time blood sugar level drop. Really don't worry about it.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Your maintenance calories are about 1600 per day. One day will not hurt your progress, just do your thing and get back on track tomorrow. Allowing yourself to let go of "mistakes" like this will be key to your success.
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Allowing yourself to let go of "mistakes" like this will be key to your success.
    I will use this quote if you don't mind!
  • TheNewBlake
    TheNewBlake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dont quit! just get back on the saddle!! if you have a bad day the next day go HARD!!!
    just remember if you dont do it now you never will!!
    you might be eating to little i dont know sometimes i eat a small breakfast and lunch and by dinner im a super craving monster!
    lol
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    Thanks, part of me is just wanting to fast until tomorrow... I don't know why but I feel like I just did so much damage in one day. :(