I don't know where to begin or if I even have the strength

Options
I'm a mom to a 4 month old and I rarely have time to even do the dishes. The only exercise equipment I have is a treadmill.
I have little self confidence so it's hard to believe that I can actually lose 50 lbs and get to my goal weight.
I have no support system cause everyone in my family is junk food and good ole "country food" eaters.
How can I even lose the weight with just a treadmill? I'm counting my calories but I'm not sure if it's good enough.

I don't know how to lose weight or how to even start other the calorie counting.

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :heart:
    Just get on the treadmill when your baby is sleeping-turn on the TV and walk!!!!-You can do this-LOG-WATER-BURN-:bigsmile:
    GOOD LUCK-Just do it-
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The treadmill was how I got started. I would watch TV with headphones on so that I got 20 minutes of peace from my kids once my hubs came home from work. With such a young one at home, it is the perfect start for you. Good luck!!
  • dongi
    dongi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hang in there....one day...one hour...one minute...at a time. If you have a 4 month old, you are feeling just like the mother of every other newborn: exhausted...overwhelmed.... and sleep deprived....BUT...good for you...you are already thinking about getting healthy...never hesitate to ask for help from your loved ones...those little "islands of time" might give you a chance to rest and recharge...the treadmill is great right now for February when the weather is so "iffy" but when it turns warmer, you and your little one might enjoy walks in the nice spring sunshine...Keep journaling...and check in here often...most of us have faced some of the same challenges you are and we understand!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    First, go for ANY loss. Celebrate your first .2. Cut back one unhealthy choice a day, add one healthier choice. That can be eating half the fries, eating half an apple. Pat yourself on the back. Build on that success by adding another the next day. All of your small, seemingly insignificant changes will add up to weight loss and a healthier you. I don't even own a treadmill and I have lost weight with small daily goals and persistance. Good luck, you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Treadmill is 90% of my exercise and I have lost 30 pounds so far with 14 more to go. I walk at least 45 minutes a day 7 days a week. I'm not going to lie and say my journey has been easy and that I haven't had ups and downs, it's taken almost a year but I did it and will keep going.

It is entirely possible and you CAN do it too! Start with the treadmill and when weather permitting take the baby out for a walk with the stroller, you would be surprised with the results in the long run.
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs on very little exercise, however, I don't recommend that (because now I'm playing catchup to lower my body fat, and get fit). The treadmill is definitely a great workout, especially if it has the ability to incline. Incline walking is fantastic cardio and one of my friends is down 40 lbs just by doing that (and eating smaller portions). You can also do a lot of free youtube videos of various workouts. I recommend Blogilates on Youtube. You can definitely do it!
  • lives21
    lives21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I started on the treadmill too, and honestly often times I like to go back to it. It's kind of great in fact. You can walk, run or climb hills with that thing.

Drink water, eat as healthy as possible, stay within your calories most days and hop on that treadmill!