"Have you lost weight?"

Options
CassiusKnox
CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
Ok... I'm a guy (I hope that's obvious).

Is it ever ok to ask a woman if she has lost weight? Like.... do they WANT you to notice or not?

Seems like it might be one of those things that could go either way.

Replies

• gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    All in the delivery. But hey, I'm a guy too, so what do I know lol.
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    That's an interesting questions. If I was asked that, I would smile and say yes (even if it's a small change). I would definitely want to get noticed because I put effort into losing weight and working out, you know ?

Now some people just don't wanna get noticed and trust me, those people do hide under baggy clothes. I did that when I lost my first 5 pounds so that I don't get jinxed. However, when I started showing a lot change in my body shape, I was happy and confident. People ask me if I've lost weight or how much, I proudly tell them because I earned it!

I hope it answers your questions.
  • highheeldiva01
    highheeldiva01 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    k, if i guy asks me that and i haven't i'm like YES!!!! i need to wear this out fit more!!!! it makes me look good and if i have lost weight and he asks i'm like YES!!!!! im looking good!!!!! I'm ok with being asked always!!!!! LOL
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yes! Well maybe not. I know some women aren't fond of the implication that they needed to lose weight or something of that sort. Personally though, when someone tells me that I look good after having lost weight, it feels great. To me, it's an acknowledgement of all the hard work I've put into my health.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Its almost always safe to say "hey did you lose weight? you look good"
  • milf_n_cookies
    milf_n_cookies Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    I liked hearing it IF I thought it was sincere, I could usually tell if it wasn't and then I just felt like they where being a **** (but then again, that could very well just have been my perception and not really what was going on LOL). It's tricky, tread carefully with this one LOL
  • mfpseven
    mfpseven Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Depends on the woman, also phrasing I like the occasional "you are looking slim" much more than the occasional "damn girl" that I get.
  • gash200
    Options
    I, personally, like it when people notice! However there are the women out there who would think you are trying to hit on her. My bro-in-law had a sexual harassment case filed on him because he asked a woman what kind of perfume she wore so he could buy it for my sister. So I say....Good luck!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    YES. It's my new favorite question! Makes me so happy :)
  • Michellerawrrr
    Michellerawrrr Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    As already stated tread very carefully, use your judgement, oh right sorry I forgot you are a guy...jk.:tongue: Seriously, if it's worded in the form of a compliment you really can't go wrong. I also wouldn't make it a big deal. Short, sweet and simple. Compliments are not always easy to take in, especially when someone has lost weight.
  • maggs155
    maggs155 Posts: 258
    Options
    I like people to notice what pisses me off is woman that ask r u taking any diet pills ! People act like no one can do it on their own and bust their *kitten* and eat right it just really makes me so mad when i get this!!!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I personally hate any kind of remark on my appearance except A. from my mum B. on MFP :-)

But I think most women like it of course. It is an acknowledgement of their hard work.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hmmm!!! Women are tricky. Perhaps only if you know them well huh??
  • gash200
    Options
    That would be your best bet!
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    even when I lost 30 lbs no one noticed that I lost weight :(( I hope this time around someone acknowledges my hard work.