New to MFP

Options
I am so happy to find a support group!! I am 28, married and have 5 children... My oldest son is almost 12.. stepdaughter is 11.. second son is almost 10.. second daughter is 8.. and my youngest son is 17months. Before I had my littlest one I lost 2 babies in a row.. one at 15wks along and the other at 12wks along... I was pregnant for almost 2whole years before I finaly got my son. Because of this It took a tole on my body.. I gained alot of weight and was very down in the dumps.. Today is a new day and I am starting over... I want to be healthy for my family... I get very bad migraines and high blood pressure... We are a Very active family.. we are always going to the lake and walking the trails.. the kids love it and it is 5 miles from the house... We eat pretty healthy.. And all of us drink more water than anything else.. We live in a very small town so we ride bikes and walk everywhere.. The grocery and D. general are less than a block away so we walk there too... I am determind to lose this weight.. I started at 198 in January 2008.. I am down to 175 now.. I have been stuck here for a few months now so I have picked up my workouts.. We got new bikes and I ride for 30min to an hour every day around town.. There are lots of hills around here so its pretty tough for me right now. I also walk 2miles twice a week with a friend and go swimming often with the kids.. There are some days I just want to give up because I don't see any results.. My hubby says he can tell Im losing inches but its still hard to look in the mirror and everything looks the same to me. Does anyone know of some good around the house workouts.. something to do while doing nothing.. does that make sense.. Thank you all for your support... best of luck to us all!! Mandy

Replies

• mandyjo
    mandyjo Posts: 28
    Options
    I am so happy to find a support group!! I am 28, married and have 5 children... My oldest son is almost 12.. stepdaughter is 11.. second son is almost 10.. second daughter is 8.. and my youngest son is 17months. Before I had my littlest one I lost 2 babies in a row.. one at 15wks along and the other at 12wks along... I was pregnant for almost 2whole years before I finaly got my son. Because of this It took a tole on my body.. I gained alot of weight and was very down in the dumps.. Today is a new day and I am starting over... I want to be healthy for my family... I get very bad migraines and high blood pressure... We are a Very active family.. we are always going to the lake and walking the trails.. the kids love it and it is 5 miles from the house... We eat pretty healthy.. And all of us drink more water than anything else.. We live in a very small town so we ride bikes and walk everywhere.. The grocery and D. general are less than a block away so we walk there too... I am determind to lose this weight.. I started at 198 in January 2008.. I am down to 175 now.. I have been stuck here for a few months now so I have picked up my workouts.. We got new bikes and I ride for 30min to an hour every day around town.. There are lots of hills around here so its pretty tough for me right now. I also walk 2miles twice a week with a friend and go swimming often with the kids.. There are some days I just want to give up because I don't see any results.. My hubby says he can tell Im losing inches but its still hard to look in the mirror and everything looks the same to me. Does anyone know of some good around the house workouts.. something to do while doing nothing.. does that make sense.. Thank you all for your support... best of luck to us all!! Mandy
  • brandyjo
    brandyjo Posts: 47
    Options
    Wow, my heart goes out to you for your two lost babies. I've been there to.
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! It sounds like you are really active. I only joined yesterday but the information and inspiration on this site are great. I have my husband hooked to.

Best of luck to you!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :smile: Are you kidding me? You should be so proud of yourself on the weight you have already lost!
    Welcome to our family and so glad you are here!:flowerforyou:

I have found in losing it helps not to eat after 6:00 pm and for your dinner cut out the carbs such as breads, potatoes etc but eat more veggies and fruits. My heavier meal is lunch which gives me the rest of the day to work off the carbs. When walking do you carry any weights with you? I have started carrying 2 lb weights and have noticed it has upped my weight loss plus toning my body as well, so you are getting a 2 for one excercise!

While sitting just walking TV you can do some work outs with weights, or walk in place while watching TV or even do sit ups at commercials which is my personal favorite (not)!

Keep up the good work and be proud of your success's so far because there is more to come!

Mandy I want you to know that I send my deepest sympathies on your miscarriages! I have had four and it nearly put me over the edge, it still makes me cry! I am just thankful that my first pregnancy was awesome with no problems so that I have my beautiful son Andy who is now 32 yrs old, he is the light of my world!
  • Caramel Cutie
    Options
    Welcome, Mandy! :flowerforyou: To me, you are like a total Super Woman! :love: You have come through some amazingly tough times, and yet you persevere to meet your goals! Keep up the great work!!:heart:
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi there ...
    I agree with the others you should be very proud of your self for the family that you have ... sounds to me like you are a very active mom , I bet you are tons of fun... I know that having a family your sizes is a lot of work probably at times , my boyfriend comes from a family that size and at times it has been crazy but love is all you need to make anything possible ... and it seems you already have tons....
    Key things.... Don't get discouraged... you have already lost weight so you are on your way..... i have weeks were I will lose weight and the next one nothing .... so I know also what it is like to be frustrated when you are working your fanny off... either way ........

I just wanted to welcome you to the MFP family..... So Hi!!!!!:flowerforyou: