What's your take on vitamin D?

Options
Hi,
Just discovered this site and its Forum (yes, I know, why not earlier:blushing: ).

I have been somewhat confused lately about the wide range of advices we get about vitamin D. Health authorities give recommendations of 600 IU/day and talk only about bone health. Vitamin D researchers and experts, like Drs Grant, Holick, Cannell and many others, are saying that we need at least 5,000 IU/day in order to reap the full benefits of our original state of vitamin D (blood level 50-60 ng/ml 25(OH)D).

Since vitamin D (in higher amount) seems to have a profound impact on our athletic performance, it would be interesting to know what is the opinion of the members of this forum about vitamin D?

Replies

• ermand
    ermand Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I bought vitamin d3 drops 1000IU last week and put 3 drops in a drink in the morning, I do feel slightly more upbeat, and less depressed.
  • Vlly4life15
    Vlly4life15 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like it I take a mature multi with added d I dunno lol

th_dunno.gif
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My opinion is biased because I live in Alaska but for me I can't reccommend a higher dose of vitamin D enough. It makes a world of difference in boosting mood and I feel like I have way more energy in the winter while taking it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I get more than enough from the sunlight. I walk for hours out there :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    ^+1 for sunlight.