Monster Shakes

stocka
stocka Posts: 8
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share... My dear wife has found a site "Green Monster Movement" featuring healthy shakes. My problem is that most of them have banana in them, which I am allergic to...
So, we have created our own shakes. They are all healthy, and super filling, thus reducing my cravings for afternoon snacks of junk food.
We use Fresh Spinach, 2% milk, Peanut Butter, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, and some organic Flax. Mixed in the blender with about 4 ice cubes, it makes a thick shake that holds me over for the rest of the afternoon.
If anyone is interested, tries it, or has feedback, please share.
Thanks

Adam

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    I have made some like that but they do use banana. Just so everyone knows, you can't taste the spinach so it's an added bonus. They're yummy!
  • stocka
    You are so right, spinach is Yummy, but you can't taste it, it just makes the shake green!
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Could somebody please give a round about "recipe"... amounts of each ingredient? I would like to try it, but I have no idea where to begin on something like that. Seems like it could be easy to make it nasty! lol

Thanks...
  • stocka
    Round About Recipe:

1 cup raw spinach leaves
    4 - 5 strawberries (halved)
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup raw cantaloupe chunks
    1 cup milk (2%, Silk, Skim, whatever you like)
    2 Tbsp peanut butter
    1 Tbsp flax
    4 ice cubes

Put the items in a blender, with the lighter stuff on bottom so they blend more evenly and blend the crap out of it! It will look greenish or purple, but the cantaloupe and peanut butter will be the prominent tastes.
    If you are a banana fan, go ahead and put one of them in too.
    This is also totally open to changes and alterations as you see fit, this recipe is just the one that my wife makes for me!
    Happy blending and enjoy!
  • stocka
    We just got done grocery shopping and found "ultra pasteurized" egg whites. They even say on the carton that they are good for shakes because they are "U.P." I will be trying them in my shakes to boost protein and potassium levels. This, of course, in lieu of bananas.
This discussion has been closed.