Is a Body Bugg worth the cost?

Options
angebean
angebean Posts: 195 Member
I am not really sure how many calories I am burning when I work out and just guesstimating. I heard that the Body Bugg was pretty accurate and most who use it , like it. Do any of you use it and what is your experience with it?

Replies

• cocacole77
    cocacole77 Posts: 53
    Options
    I use the Polar FT7 and I LOVE it and it is so much more affordable. I got mine for $100 and it is AWESOME!
  • gennybunny
    gennybunny Posts: 59
    Options
    From what I hear the body bug has a feature that is computer linked that some like. I believe it is upper body sensitive, so if you are doing something that is lower body only movements, it might not track acurately. I have been looking into a general heart rate monitor and for the cost that is the route I am going. Polar makes some very nice ones for a lot less then the body bug.

Hope that helps. Jillian Micheals answered seme great questions about it on one of her pod casts. Check it out if you can.
  • care1221
    care1221 Posts: 27
    Options
    the polar ft6 or ft7 is way more affordable and works very well!!
  • samsonov77
    samsonov77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i used a body bugg for a week a few years ago (it was a free trial) and it was EXACTLY the same as my $100 heart rate monitor. And a heart rate monitor isn't HUGE!! (wearing that thing around your upper arm is SUPER annoying, especially with anything other than a tank top on)
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Check out the fitbit! Its awesome and tiny!!!
  • angebean
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I've heard good things about Body Bugg, but I didn't realize the online tool was necessary and you have to pay for it! I am really just looking for a monitor that helps me track calories burned. I picked up an old copy of HEALTH magazine this morning and saw the Polar HR monitor that was cheaper and didn't require the online stuff.

Thanks for your replies!
  • angebean
    Options
    I just found out about the Polar Monitor this morning! I'm gonna have to check this out too.
  • care1221
    care1221 Posts: 27
    Options
    i got my polar on amazon .com best price out there 80$ for the ft6 i love it!! its fun. it keeps me modivated cuz i want to wear it and excerise all the time to see how many calories i can burn!!