Binge eating, trying to binge to get rid of the binge

Options
So basically for a couple of days I've been binge eating to get rid of it... binge eating. I know it might silly to you but that's seriously what I've been doing. A few days ago I practically stuffed my face, ate a whole bunch of entries and ate whatever sweets I wanted until I felt sick. I was trying to get rid of my urge of sweets and food. Back when I was overweight I NEVER had a problem with sweets, if anything I had a huge salt problem and would rarely eat my friend's candy. (They were both sweet junkies) Ever since I started to eat healthier and count calories I've had a huge cravings of sweets! Sweets of all things, me, my friend is even surprised. Today I was trying to eat all the unhealthy food in my room and while valentines day was still around tried to get rid of the left over Valentines Day sweets left on my resident floor's kitchen. Luckily, I was successful and ate the cheat food in my room. (I don't buy unhealthy food anymore/ I'm a cheapskate ;P ) Now I have a bad habit on binging on fruit. Food and weight loss are constantly on my mind, my homework is suffering dearly. When I'm not thinking about food, I'm exercising to make sure I stay in a calorie deficit. I feel pathetic but I want to fix this before it gets worst. I've never had a binging problem before.

I'm 144 ibs
5'3 in height
I eat around 1200-1300 calories
I exercise every day (or 6 days) doing 30 minutes of cardio (Burns 400 calories) and just started 30ds (because of my binging) but normally I would lift weights for 15-20 minutes.

I'd be grateful on any advice. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    When I was in college I spent the first week of every semester doing nothing but watching movies so that I would have no desire to watch movies for the rest of the semester and thus would be able to study better.

Worked for me.
  • MinyMinnie
    Options
    When I was in college I spent the first week of every semester doing nothing but watching movies so that I would have no desire to watch movies for the rest of the semester and thus would be able to study better.

Worked for me.
    Haha! Really? That's interesting, I wonder if that's what the girls on my floors are doing. xD
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Worked for me.

Blaine_this_zps5cd1c014.gif
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I find the lower my calories, the higher the percentage of them are made up of chocolate :laugh: Try finding sweet treats you can't binge on too. For me that's dates and 85% cocoa chocolate (I can eat a whole bar of 70% in one go:noway: ).
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You're probably not eating enough. To gradually get back into the swing of healthy eating without bingeing, try setting MFP to lose just 0.5lb a week. Track EVERYTHING in advance if possible, or if not the moment it goes into your mouth.

Eat your exercise calories!!! MFP gives you a deficit to lose weight after you've eaten them.

Once you've got used to that and have a week or two binge-free, then up your MFP settings to 1lb a week, but only if you feel you need to - you don't have a lot to lose.

Good luck!
  • Tortoisegirl7
    Tortoisegirl7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a lot more, hun. Most women lose perfectly fine eating 1600 or 1700 calories a day, myself included! Your body is craving sugar because it is starving.
  • Jayneopopsidoodle
    Jayneopopsidoodle Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Best way for me to prevent a binge is not to eat any of that food at all. If i eat one chocolate I may as well call it quits as sure as hell im gonna eat the rest. I just think no-one is ever gonna do this for you and nows the time. Don't wanna look back at college/uni time and regret what you did/didn't do because of what you did to yourself.

Stay stong babes x
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think that you aren't eating enough. I need 1200 calories to lose weight and I am 54 years old- LOL
    Plus you should eat back your exercise calories. Be sure to track everything that you eat and drink.

Good luck!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. You aren't eating enough.