Suggestions for foods on the GO

Options
I know, I know. Food on the go is not healthy. I know that. I work 60 hours a week, and I am just too exhausted to plan the night before, much less make a lunch in advance. I have been working with salads or Subway and I need some new suggestions to shake things up.

Thanks!!

Replies

• Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Yoplait Greek Yogurt 100 cal Key Lime might be the greatest thing on planet earth.

You should rectify this at the grocery store rather than relying on subway and the like. Just stock up on individual servings of greek yogurt or cottage cheese, some fruit, throw some veggies in a plastic bag and add a bit of hummus. Some snacks like nuts, pumpkin seeds, etc. About the only thing that's hard to hit with 'on the go' food is meat - you would need to do a bit of cooking & storage for this.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    also - CMON MAN.

The amount of time you spend taking a detour to Subway is probably morethan it would take to throw a bunch of random stuff into a bag at home.

If you have enough time to rub 1 out before bed you have enough time to put your lunch together.
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Even though it is a bit tiring packing up lunch boxes and carrying them, they are absolutely worth it. Then you can eat WHEN you want and WHAT you want.
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you have enough time to rub 1 out before bed you have enough time to put your lunch together.

Hehe, made me giggle! True though. :blushing:
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Assuming you do not want to prep anything, what is near by you? What restaurants or grocery stores, and would you be willing to microwave at work?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Do you make dinner? Often the easiest thing for me to do is make twice as much dinner, but put half of it in the fridge for lunch the next day or the day after. If you're serious about health and/or losing weight, making your own lunches is a really great thing to do.

I personally pack my lunch every day. But I'm way too tired in the morning to think, so I portion out things on the weekends and put them in individual baggies and containers. Then in the morning, I grab the prepped items from the fridge and an apple, and then keep them in a little thermal lunch pail. Any yogurt or sandwich items stay plenty cool until lunch.
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Qdoba or Chipotle Crispy (not soft) Tacos (any meat) lettuce and cheese only - salsa is FULL of sodium - just like most of subway meats! You can also remove the shells and dump it all into a pile and eat like a salad to reduce carbs.