PLATEAU!!!

Options
I am loosing and gaining the same 1 kg for over 8 weeks now!!! grrr and now im binging because I'm so frustrated!!!!

I've started upping my cals slowly but can someone tell me its all gonna be ok before i go and eat a whole cake!

Replies

• gruviegirl
    Options
    I'm right there with you! I have been on a plateau since Nov 2012 and I have tried everything...except to completely stop eating.... with no success. I'm so frustrated I just want to say forget it I'll just be fat but fit!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It is all going to be ok!! Keep the faith, do what you know is right, mix up your exercise (ie try new stuff) and it will shift!!
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I am loosing and gaining the same 1 kg for over 8 weeks now!!! grrr and now im binging because I'm so frustrated!!!!

I've started upping my cals slowly but can someone tell me its all gonna be ok before i go and eat a whole cake!

just go and eat the whole cake. That may stop the binging for a good while. : )
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    plateau for 5months.....got REALLY frustrated recently and reducing carbs/increasing protein helped
    then now cut meat and diary(more like cheese and milk not butter) for lent.....scale finally seems to be moving !!

don't give up !!
    try calorie cycle....eat clean for a while etc check out what your eating
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've heard when you hit this point you need to up your calories to maintain for a week or so then drop them again. You just need to kick start your body again :)
    Also heard altering your exercise works too :)
  • prissygal
    prissygal Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm right here with you. Sometimes I want to throw in the towel.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You misspelt losing and bingeing but I would Recommend 'Six Weeks to OMG'

I lost 23lbs, I would highly recommend it.
  • balbinavarela
    Options
    I was in that situation for 2 weeks and started reading everything about plateau because I was dieting and exercising twice a day and not losing an inch. I found out that the reason for not losing weight is that I was eating few calories, thats because I didnt want to be over my calories goal of 1200kcal/day. So I changed my diet and started eating right. I eat for breakfast 1 protein or milk, 1 starch and 1 fruit; for lunch and dinner I eat 2-3 proteins, 2 starches and one fruit. I have divided my 1200 calories in 3 meals, but because for breakfast I normally dont eat 400 calories the remaining I eat as snacks like fruits and yogurt or milk. After I did that I started losing weight. Try not to be under your calories goal, keep exercising and you will start losinbg weight again.
  • NicoleR1980
    NicoleR1980 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Try shaking up your routine more reps or higher weight different type of cardio and make sure you have a rest day i was able to bust through my plateau recently and am almost on maintenance! i found i needed more weight training not more cardio! Stick with it you will succeed!:wink: