Best leave-in conditioner and detangler for tangly hair!

Options
justgowithit17
justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
I have crazy tangly hair! :grumble: even if i comb it perfectly smooth in the morning, by the end of the day it will be crazy tangly.
it's so annoying! are there any good leave-in conditioners or detanglers that really help hair stay smooth and tangle-free through out the day? or any that just make getting tangles out a heck of a lot easier?

Replies

• turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump, i really need to know.
  • CheriLMT
    CheriLMT Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I use dove leave in conditioner and works really well but I have straight hair....good luck!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Girl I have no idea!! I use Garnier Fructis sleek and shine leave-in conditioner..It doesn't really help me keep out the tangles..just kind of softens my hair...Good luck!!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    most women I know with straight hair brush it several times throughout the day. I'm sitting across from a straight haired woman who is actually brushing hers as I type this. Do you brush yours throughout the day? maybe during morning snack, after lunch and before you leave for the day? I use the Johnson's and Johnson's detangler on my daughter's naturally curly/wavy hair and it seems to keep the knots at bay.

if you have curly hair, (it seems from your pics you don't, but what do I know) maybe use a pick to get some of the knots out throughout the day? I use my fingers to get my curls unknotted.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    most women I know with straight hair brush it several times throughout the day. I'm sitting across from a straight haired woman who is actually brushing hers as I type this. Do you brush yours throughout the day? maybe during morning snack, after lunch and before you leave for the day? I use the Johnson's and Johnson's detangler on my daughter's naturally curly/wavy hair and it seems to keep the knots at bay.

if you have curly hair, (it seems from your pics you don't, but what do I know) maybe use a pick to get some of the knots out throughout the day? I use my fingers to get my curls unknotted.

I have straight(isn) hair, I brush it a few times during the day, it definitely helps.

As for conditioners, I only use vegan, sulphate and paraben free products, they smell amazing and make my hair so soft and shiny.
    http://natures-gate.com I currently use the hemp shampoo and conditioner.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not sure about detangling but coconut oil is an awesome overnight conditioner. Just rinse it out in the morning and you'll have silky smooth hair. I carry a comb in my purse and brush it if I get caught out in strong wind or rain.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Avon's Moroccan Argan Oil is the best hair treatment I've ever used, and far cheaper than may professional treatments that aren't nearly as effective.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have tangly but curly hair. I use Lush's R&B hair moisteriser which smooths my hair without taking out the curl or make it greasy. Added bonus is that it smells fantastic.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Not sure about detangling but coconut oil is an awesome overnight conditioner. Just rinse it out in the morning and you'll have silky smooth hair. I carry a comb in my purse and brush it if I get caught out in strong wind or rain.

Yes! I got some "King Coconut" oil from Sri Lanka on my travels, so good!
  • Pink_Tina
    Options
    I use this stuff called "It's a 10." My sister-in-law bought it for me last year. I can't live without it now. I buy it from Sally's. Or you can find it in just about any hair salon. I think Target has it too? Here's a link so you can see what it looks like and what the description says it does.

http://www.sleekhair.com/8604.html
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mane and tail
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mane & tail
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Avon's Moroccan Argan Oil is the best hair treatment I've ever used, and far cheaper than may professional treatments that aren't nearly as effective.

Love the shampoo and conditioner from this range. Leaves hair soft, but not weighed down.
  • sptrsen
    sptrsen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff called "It's a 10." My sister-in-law bought it for me last year. I can't live without it now. I buy it from Sally's. Or you can find it in just about any hair salon. I think Target has it too? Here's a link so you can see what it looks like and what the description says it does.

http://www.sleekhair.com/8604.html

This
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I use this stuff called Got2Be smooth operator smoothing lustre lotion. You put it on after you wash your hair and it seems to keep things tame. I have curlyish hair and only brush it in the mornings usually, but as a SAHM my hair is up in a half pony most of the day. I like it cause I don't wash my hair every day, and most the other stuff i have used in the past i had to wash it every day. For some reason this stuff does not make my hair feel dirty and it smells great. Its on sale at walgreens this week for 3.99 :)
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options

yeah, my hair is naturally pretty straight, but super tangly! :o thanks for all the suggestions everyone! i will definitely be going shopping! :wink:
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump for latter