no loss

Options
Any one out there know why i have not lost any weight , ive only been over my 1200 a few times, been under most times. any ideas

Replies

• jesterkazuzi
    jesterkazuzi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How long have you been monitoring your calories for?
    I had problems to lose when I was on 1200calories a day as it wasn't enough for my body! You actually need to eat more to lose more to prevent your body from going in to starvation mode refusing to lose weight.
    Hope it makes sense
  • bookangel89
    bookangel89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Jester is correct, if you are not eating enough for your body, it will keep the weight. Maybe try increasing calories a little, especially if you exercise! If you exercise try and eat those calories back. Best of luck!
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have had this as well. I was on 1250 and if followed faithfully eating only fruits, vegetables, grains, lean mets and staying under or at calorie level, my body would hold tight to the weight. I went online and bumped my calories up to 1350. I make sure I eat all 1350. If I burn 200 calories during exercise, I make sure I eat back half. If I do this, I lose 1.5-2 pounds a week. If I stick tight to the 1200, I get nothing. Counter intuitive, but I know my body is adjusting to all of the change I am throwing at it in 2013. Good luck and stay on board with the plan!!