The hairy dieters

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree the recipes take a while but they went down well in my house, having said that I cooked loads of them last week and put on 3lb! Hopefuly there is another explaination for that, anyway, pasties and rice pudding my fave. I turned the lasagne into mousaka by adding allspice to the meat sauce and counting aubergines and olive oil as extra it was ok.
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The risotto is divine. The Cajun spice chicken & the crispy chicken are both lovely. The korma is decent but JUST about falls short of the mark! My favourite had to be between the risotto and the prosciutto wrapped cod on the bed of roasted veg. Delicious. Their wedges are rubbish I have a far nicer recipie for tastier crispier wedges if anyone loves a good wedge!!
  • empyfree
    empyfree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We got the book just after Christmas, have tried loads of recipies out of it!

Really enjoy the Crumpets with warmed spiced fruit and yogurt breakfast.

The lamb curry is amazingly good (and I'm from Bradford!!!)

Minted pea and Feta omelette is a regular fixture on our menus

Tagine, Meatballs, Paprika chicken, Parma wrapped Cod, Cottage pie, Jambalaya, Salmon in ginger sauce, ALL GOOD!
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Chicken Korma and Lamb, Spinach &Potato curry and they were really nice - in fact it's korma for dinner tonight!

Also tried the granola bars, personally they were a bit sweet for me and i really didn't like the texture - but that's just me so don't let it put you off trying them as the fruit and coconut tasted nice in them!

i'll be trying the skinny muffins at the weekend!
  • Stephens1953
    Options
    Hi - I bought this book as my brother had said how good the ones he had tried were. So I have made the Spanish Style Chicke bake and I must say it was really very good.

So will definitely be trying some of the other recipes.
  • H1L5
    H1L5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm another vote for the Spanish style chicken. It's a one pot meal and really tasty.
  • wendywoo49
    wendywoo49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Spanish style chicken bake and the homemade burgers are our favourites, I've never used a cookery book as much as this one, its like my bible. I made the chicken korma and froze portions for my daughter to have at uni! :-)