getting back on track.

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just started MFP. I am also a Weight Watchers member. I have lost over 100 lbs in 2 years. I still have more to go but I find myself going off track lately. I am writing to see how everyone gets back on track besides tracking food. I seem to be falling into my old eating habits, especially with sweets. I know I will not let myself get back to my starting weight of 309 but I want/need to turn my habits around now so I don't keep gaining. Thank you!!!

-Andrea

Replies

• Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i tracked my calories but as well as old habits n sweets i would pick a time of day to have 1 or 2 sweets every other day. that way i can be in moderation n still have sweets but not make it a constant thing...
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can't live without sweets so I figure out lower calorie options that still satisfy my craving. I love Fiber One brownies! I also sometimes make diet soda cake with pudding/cool whip frosting. I just find a way to fit it in to my calorie allowance. Remember that this isn't a diet, it is your life. It isn't reasonable to think you'll never eat sweets again.
  • Jessimaaka
    Jessimaaka Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I build them into my calories...as the above poster said, its a lifestyle change and its unreasonable to expect you'll never have another sweet. Moderation is key.
  • amerlich
    amerlich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will definilty be keeping closer track of my calories and buying some fiber one brownies! :smile:
  • twentyco
    twentyco Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I also build sweets or other foods (like chips) in to my calories. It is not realistic for me to stop eating them entirely. However, I will say that after three months of this, I seem to need less of them. At the beginning, I ate Doritos or some other full calorie chip every day; now, I find that I'm satisfied with something like 100 cal bag of Pop Chips, and don't necessarily need to eat them every day. And as for sweets --- I have tried getting myself some very high quality chocolate, and eating just a piece or two, rather than eating a candy bar or ice cream. I use fewer calories this way, and it seems to be working. I don't do deprivation well, and it is not sustainable for me, so allowing these things in to my plan, but staying within my overall calorie limit, is what has worked for me. Another relatively low calorie sweet that has helped me are Sees Candies lollipops --- they only have about 80 calories apiece, but taste like real chocolate or butterscotch (there are several flavors), and they last a long time so it seems very decadent.