ladies - embracing 'natural' self

Options
after achieving goals of weightloss/maintainence or gain, has your self esteem increased enough that you have been able to really embrace the 'true' or 'natural' you?
i feel much more beautiful without makeup or fake tan etc after moving closer to my goals. for once i like and embrace who i really am and how i look, instead of hiding behind a mask. has anyone else experienced this? x

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah...i am wearing less make up and keeping my wardrobe simpler! It is amazing what water, good nutrition and daily walks do for one's self confidence.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I feel the reverse. I never used to wear make up or get my nails done or wear designer clothes. Now I enjoy those things more. I use pintrest to get ideas for hair styles and make up (natural looking). I'm more interested in fashion and buy more name brand clothes (on sale). I even enjoy the occasional spa or manicure treatment. I feel more confident putting myself out there and I enjoy being pampered more.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have hereditary dark circles and look like a zombie without makeup. The gym is the only place I go makeup-free.
  • Kscott24
    Options
    I agree with you! I feel better about myself so I want to look my best! I am putting more time into me!
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I don't think I could ever get past my own insecurities to truly embrace the "true" me - regardless of meeting my goals. But then, I've always been that way so I have learned to live with my little neuroses. :laugh:
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Sort... I do look great without makeup now, but am becoming obsessive about my body flaws and would like to get a Mommy Makeover. It sucks to put so much work in and not look good naked....
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear makeup anymore and I love it, feel cleaner and don't miss it at all. I will wear it on special occasions, but not very often and it's minimal. But, like someone else said, I do paint my nails more often and I dress nicer, since I fit into better looking clothes. I can't wait to get to my goal and to buy more clothes. :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I was expecting this thread to be a "I'm fat, and this is the way I'm supposed to be," thread. So glad it isn't!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I say to each her own. Whatever makes each individual happy versus worrying about what anyone else is doing or says to do.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I find the "unpainted" face to be quite attractive, natural and healthy looking. I find most women more beautiful without make-up, but that's a hard sell for alot of people who feel very uncomfortable appearing in public sans make-up.

If you don't need it, why use it? The worst is when someone doesn't know how to apply it.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    wow thanks for all your responces! its so good to hear you all are becoming so happy about yourselves now and are making small changes (whether it may be dressing up, or dressing down) to reflect this change in attitude :) keep it up!