Evil people where I work.

Options
Someone is evil around this office. :devil: Earlier this week, someone brought in a cream cheese filled cake. I didn't touch it though. In fact I made the sign of the cross at it with my fingers. I resisted the temptation to eat a piece for three days.

This morning I got to work and someone had brought in a box of donuts. Not eating them as I believe they have poo on them (at least the chocolate covered ones) and I'm sure there are furry buggies crawling around inside them. :sick: I used the be the first one to the donut box before MFP. Now they can sit there all day and I refuse to eat any. :noway: I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and reminded myself I didn't get this wonderful new hourglass (I wish) figure by eating donuts.

Go ahead evil people, you will not win! Neither will the donuts. :tongue:

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Someone is evil around this office. :devil: Earlier this week, someone brought in a cream cheese filled cake. I didn't touch it though. In fact I made the sign of the cross at it with my fingers. I resisted the temptation to eat a piece for three days.

This morning I got to work and someone had brought in a box of donuts. Not eating them as I believe they have poo on them (at least the chocolate covered ones) and I'm sure there are furry buggies crawling around inside them. :sick: I used the be the first one to the donut box before MFP. Now they can sit there all day and I refuse to eat any. :noway: I looked at myself in the mirror in the bathroom and reminded myself I didn't get this wonderful new hourglass (I wish) figure by eating donuts.

Go ahead evil people, you will not win! Neither will the donuts. :tongue:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Just to keep things balanced in your work place you should bring in an
    :smile: :smile: :smile: Angel Cake :smile: :smile: :smile:

Totally doable with fat free lo cal whip and strawberries.

Why dance with the devil when you can eat like an angel?! :wink:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
    :happy:
    We CAN beat those evil co-workers by showing them we have the will power to be smart eaters!
  • hellonurse1983
    Options
    I know what you mean... the people where i work are no better, i work nights too so sometimes the only thing keeping me awake is to eat something

it is very hard to resist
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Bring in some diet pop cake!! that'll teach em.... :tongue:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Down with donuts!
    I've failed at resisting on occasion but it really isn't worth it. I feel gross when I eat too much garbage (garbage being the appropriate word for bad food).
    Great job passing them up. Go check out your hot bod you're working hard on in the mirror before you dive into the donut box of sin.
  • runningdevil
    runningdevil Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do we work together? LOL...my office is exactly the same. Every day it's either someone's birthday or some other excuse to have cake and potluck lunch. But my downfall is the woman who keeps a basket of chocolates on her cubicle top. Every time I get up for something I walk by her candy and grab some. Once I start, I can't stop! I am serious when I say that I have a severe chocolate addiction. Anyone who doubts this addiction exists should come see me....it's not pretty! I honestly cannot resist chocolate! But MFP is really helping; I am marking down everything I eat and watching how the calories add up. Thanks, MFP!
    Today is a new day, though. Maybe I can be content with my one 100 calorie M&M fun size!

69428.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Are you tracking days you resist this evilness? You should! Make a calender and post it in the break room. Each day you make it, put a smiley face. When someone asks, tell them. LOL It will be a great reminder when they see your smiling faces...

Tee-hee!

:laugh:

Resisting can be tough, but isn't it great that it gets easier as the temptations pass you by?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    The coworkers aren't evil- my coworkers used to bring in donuts but its all about will power and kudo's to you for not falling for the temptation i know how hard it is but that means your will power is getting stronger-- some of my coworkers would eat a donut for me lol-- Also remember there are just some people who don't care about their weight and there are the ones that can eat any and everything they want and not gain an ounce. -- Keep up the good work-
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    I feel your pain...Today is "free cookie day" in our cafe downstairs. someone was kind enough to bring up 2 boxes of them. Im proud to say I had an apple instead!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    It is a great feeling to resist it. My co-workers are fast food addicts. Every day someone has some sort of fast food for lunch and I can smell it wafting through the office. I see it as helping me though. I smell it and remember that yes, it may smell and taste good but I would be undoing all the work I have done so far. And it is a triumph every time someone asks "Do you want something from McDonald's?" and I say "No thank you!".
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my office. :wink: For my Bday, I told them to bring fruit...:laugh: And once in a great while I let myself have a small sliver of cake. I scrape off most of the frosting too. But, I make sure it's not more than once every 3-4 months or even longer. It's very tough. I have one of those girls that can eat chocolate allllll daaaayyyyy looooonnnnnngggggg every day and not gain an ounce. I told her I could teach her how to gain lots of weight very quickly...:laugh:

Great work on resisting temptation!!! Eventually it wont even bother you :wink: Keep some of those rice cakes (carmel ones are good) or 100 cal packs or fruit near you. When you get tempted. You can eat something you like that is better for you and still tastes good. :smile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That's why I love this site. So much support and encouragement and good suggestions. Love you all. Thank you so much. Yes, I'm pretty proud of myself for resisting the temptation which isn't really so hard any more. If I ever gets tough to resist, I'll just put a fat picture of me in front of my computer to remind myself I never want to look like that again.