I've hit a plateau:(

Options
Oh boy:(..I have hit it hard too. I have not lost any weight in the last week. If anything I have gained 2 lbs.:(.....I think I may be gaining some muscle though. But if I am plateauing, how do I overcome it?

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Change up your exercise routine.....perhaps your body has gotten used to the routine?
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Change up your workouts. Your body gets used to what you are doing and will stop responding they way it has been. Get in more cardio and change it up. Also, do you think it is time to increase weight for your stregnth training? If you really love what you are doing you can go back to it after a while but keeping your muscles guess as to what might be coming next also give them the chance to work in ways they have not in awhile and that should get you some results.
  • Skate_48
    Skate_48 Posts: 6
    Options
    Sorry, posted under my husband's login. See Gurgi's comment.
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I was in a plateau for 5 months. It was pretty frustrating, but I added more weight to my strength training, changed up my eating habits (maintence, then .5 pound, then maintence again, then 1 pound per week), did not exercise for two weeks, etc, etc. Then about when I was ready to give up I lost 3 pounds each for the past 2 weeks in a row. It will come; just give it time, continue to track your calories, change things up, and keep experimenting until you get back to losing
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation going on week 3 bouncing between the same 2 lbs...
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Take a break (from your workouts) for a few days to a week. When you start up again, use new exercises (or heavier weights) and crank up the intensity more. The body is telling you that it's bored and needs something new, different, and something more intense.