Insanity week 2

Options
So, last week i skipped 2 days due to being super sore, and having too much to drink the night before :brokenheart: overall i ate pretty healthy might of slipped once or twice...anyways i decided to start insanity over again this week and take it seriously.
Even though last week was a failure :sad: lol it definitely helped with the fit test this week! :) anyone else doing insanity and how hard is it for you?? heres "second" first week results on my blog :smile:
|
|
|
V
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Anafviertons

Replies

• Anafviertons
    Options
    anyone??
  • 22pirtle
    Options
    I just started my 2nd week. I was super sore last week as well. But I'm glad to report this week the soreness is gone. Push play and you will get better everyday.
  • Anafviertons
    Options
    :) thats awesome im still pretty sore....one exercise last week i had to stop 10mins left i was almost fainting lol
  • ljimom01
    Options
    Hi there, are you getting enough rest? Are you staying hydrated through your workout and throughout the day? Both of these things are very important to help keep you at your best level for what you need to get through the program. Feel free to add me we can help push each other along.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Insanity is tough. I just completed Month 1 and currently doing my recovery week!
  • rmaglathlin
    rmaglathlin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i like your commitment! yeah. the first week was intense, but it gets better. mostly, make sure you are drinking enough water and really stretching after the workouts. i find that i even need to stretch longer than they have you go, just to be sure that i don't get stiff. a lot of soreness can simply come from muscles stiffening up after the workouts. it'll get better though, stick with it!
  • semi75
    Options
    Don't fret the second first week. I think it actually helps to do a few of the workouts 3-4 times the first week and then really commit. I'm on month 2, second week now and it really gets addictive if you commit to it. I wasn't seeing the scale move much at first but after realizing I've dropped 3 inches off my waste, the heck with the scale.
  • redwulf
    redwulf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2, Day 2 of Insanity before breakfast to capitalise on fat burning

Not really knowing what I was getting in to, I paused my usual exercise regime to focus on Insanity until day 6 when I slipped in a little 2.5k run. This week I am back to alternating between a short run and medicine ball core workout or a interval running and lifting at the gym while continuing with insanity in the morning.

I'm a bit concerned about not eating enough but I will see how I go this week.
  • RadiatePresence
    Options
    Finished up the first week of Insanity! This is my second time around and it's a great program if you just eat cleaner, and push play everyday! I always drop big numbers the first week (down 6lbs since Feb 13) and then it begins to even out. The most important thing is doing something else after your 63 day are up! Due to sheer laziness and eating junk in embarrassing proportions, nothing sucks more than putting back on 20 out of the 23 pounds you lost...I can attest to that!

So here goes! Today is my rest day, and tomorrow brings week 2. Of course at this point the only light at the end of the tunnel is week 5 haha. But I know what lies ahead at the end of week 9-big changes in my body since week 1. Gotta hang in! :smile:
  • jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am actually on week 2 of my second time doing Insanity. Stick with it! It is worth it. My first results were great. Lost around 25 pounds.
  • beproudbestrong
    Options
    I am on week 2 of the last 30 days. Girl listen it is tough and doens't get any easier but going at your own pace and taking breaks when U need them help. It's ok not to stay up with Shaun T and his crew. I hurt for days in places that I didn't know existed and now into the last month I hurt again in places I didn't know existed but there is no greater feeling then finishing a workout completely soaked in sweat and saying I DID IT!!!
    You can do this. If you want it make it happen!!
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have been considering the Insanity Program as well. Been doing Tae Bo which is also hard too.
  • Schmelvie
    Schmelvie Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I finished week 3 day 2 this morning. My fit test numbers yesterday were favorable. One thing I've learned... I suck at pacing myself. The workouts are just as hard now as they were the first week (if not harder). I only have 10 more workouts before I get the rest week!! Woohoo!!

I'm concerned about the month 2 workouts. I'm still a pile of goo on the floor after the current ones. How am I supposed to add15-20 more minutes on? I'm sure I'll be reduced to the fetal position at some point.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm on Wk2 Month2.

This workout is no joke. Month 2 is more physcially hard than anything. Month 1 I got more out of breath but Month 2 is harder on my body for sure.

I really can't wait to be done with this program so I can take a break. My wrists are starting to get real sore from all the up/downs and pushups we have to do. I think I need to invest in some wrist wraps.

It doesn't get easier but there is no turning back after coming this far.
  • i_alanis
    Options
    I did Pure Cardio today. I still can't do power jumps and the push up exercises. I do what I can and give my best. Need support too. Feel free to add me. Feel my legs and stomach tighter :) . I'm exited!!!
  • nmh20
    nmh20 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm on Month 2, Week 3. As others have indicated, it doesn't get easier - but you can feel yourself getting leaner and stronger along the way. I think the hardest part of most of the workouts is the warmup so I always tell myself if I can make it through that I can make it through the rest.

My advice for everyone still getting acquainted to the workout is to just keep making yourself do it. Eat good (and eat enough), hide the scale, and put everything you've got into the workouts and you will be happy with the results. Everyone feel free to add me if you want.