Diet Coke and Fluid Retention

Options
2»

Replies

• missvissy
    Options
    I find that I can not physcially drink all the water I need to drink if I drink anything other than water. When I want something other than water, I usually go for a spicy v8, its not calorie free....70 cal's per 11.5 oz can. Or I will drink some non caffinated tea. I had a horrible diet pepsi habit, but my mom got on me because its bad for your bones among other things so I quit cold turkey....I still have a whole case of it in my kitchen lol.
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I quit my Diet Coke addiction almost two months ago, and I've never looked back. Since drinking all water, all the time, my skin looks better, my tummy isn't bloated and I have more energy.

Give it up for a bit and see if it helps!
  • aliciabehr
    aliciabehr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I VERY rarely drink any soda, but when I do I can totally tell the difference. Regular soda seems to have no more effect than any other food or drink. Diet drinks, on the other hand, almost immediately swell me up. Within thirty minutes my fingers and feet are swollen and I feel crappy and bloated the rest of the day. I recently realized this, and will not be drinking any more diet garbage!