Lost Your Lower Belly Pooch? SHOW IT OFF!

Options

Replies

• TAS82
    TAS82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is amazing! How did you do it and how long did it take? Im beginning to think that my belly will never go!
    Wow!! You look amazing!! That's so what I'm hoping for! Right now I'm about 20lbs heavier than your start weight and want to get to 140lbs. Can I ask how long it took you to lose the weight?

I lost the first 35lbs without really trying very hard - but it took 2 years. I've lost the last 35lbs over the last 6mths (I even plateaued for almost 3 of those months!) so a fast loss is definitely possible. I do think that the longer time it takes the easier it often is to be discouraged, and the more patience plays a role in your loss.

I found after losing weight my pooch was actually more pronounced and definitely more saggy. But incorporating strength training made a HUGE difference. I did go to the gym, but I haven't been since Jan (membership expired) and I have always worked out mainly at home. YouTube Videos have been my favourite - I love Fitness Blender and Be Fit channels. I'm a HUGE fan of bodyweight training, yoga and HIIT.

In the end getting rid of it really required three things - strength training, cardio and a calorie deficit (that wasn't TOO big) - most people just seem to leave out the strength training because they don't realise you don't HAVE to do it in a gym and you don't HAVE to have any equipment (I only have dumbbells (1kg, 2kg, 3.5kg & 4kg), an aerobic step, pullup bar and a yoga mat, that's it, and there are many days were I use nothing but my body).
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Definitely not "lost" yet, but progress! This has taken 5 months, so slow and steady. Fortunately most of the 17 lbs I've lost so far have come off my chest and tummy, according to the measurements I've taken...

ComparisonSepttoFeb-Copy_zps2399c127.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i looked at all the pictures yesterday, and am starting insanity tomorrow - thanks for all the inspiration and motivation!!!
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just want to say congrats to the ones that have lost theirs and GREAT job to the ones that are in the during stages. It's a lot of hard work for the females to lose the stomach. Heres my during photos right now. The one on the left was in Oct2012, not sure of my weight (I started in May2012 just never took a before bare stomach pic) and the one on the right is Feb2013. I lost a little over 5 inches off my stomach area during those months.

side_zpsbf82c6a0.jpg

Wow wow ! What a huge difference. Well done. :)
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Holy ****! You ladies look incredible! Extremely inspirational :flowerforyou:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow! i am so inspired to stay on track now onwards :) Thank you so much!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    My before has my belly covered, but the pooch is there. Still have a bit of loose skin I would like to trim down.

BeforeampAfter-PB2-2-13_zps2f509212.jpg

You always inspire me my friend
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bump! keeping this tread for later :-)

congrats to you all, and thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this and showing it's possible!
  • Kimberly_Tanith
    Kimberly_Tanith Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All these pictures have given me hope!
    Any advice for strength training without gym machines?
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Mine has definitely gotten smaller but it's still there. I can't wait for it to be gone for good.
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    My SW 198lb/89.9kg and during at 62kg/136lb (about 4kg/9lb ago):
    d673e54f-8055-422a-9b37-922aaebdb207_zps26c00868.jpg24720160_831.jpg
    And the side during at 136lb/62kg.... (I'm 128lb now and it's even better!):
    24720160_389.jpg

I'm 5'4" and a mummy and I've been fat since I was 7 or 8 - so there's hope for everyone!!

Wow!!!
    I'm 5'3.5 with no kids and I've been fat/chubby/fat since I was 7 or 8 - so I'm really counting on your words!!
    My pooch is both upper AND lower belly, and I only have the "before" pictures in my profile so far. :blushing:
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    All these pictures have given me hope!
    Any advice for strength training without gym machines?

Get dumbbells.. that's all I've been using up until a week ago!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    OK, I said I would come back and post a better pic of my belly..

Before (Jan 1):
    16kowe9.jpg

Today (Day 48):
    rutjcl.jpg

I wish I had taken a better before photo cause the lower pudge there was so big and is covered up by boxer shorts.. the reduction I've seen in this area in less than two months is amazing

Great work and in such a short time. We look about the same. Thanks for sharing, I have been doing 6 week 6 pack from Jillian Michaels. Hope I get these results!

Thanks love! Keep up with it and you definitely will! I'm excited to see your post if you decide to put a pic up!!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    Beautiful work girls!! For those that said they upped their calories and lost more weight what is a typical day for you like?

I'm 170lbs, 22 years old, 5' 6" and I eat about 1670-1800. I eat between 300-500 cals for breakfast, 200-400 for lunch - I usually workout then have some protein which is 110 cals consumed.. dinner is usually between 500-700 cals and snacks in between are anywhere from 200-300 cals.
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    You ladies look so amazing! I'm so happy for all of you! There's hope yet! Thanks so much!
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    And a week ago somewhere between 129lb and 130lb or about 58.5kg/59kg:
    24720160_7174.jpg

And the side during at 136lb/62kg.... (I'm 128lb now and it's even better!):
    24720160_389.jpg

I'm 5'4" and a mummy and I've been fat since I was 7 or 8 - so there's hope for everyone!!
    [/quote]

This is my dream body! Absolutely beautiful, gives me hope ( a teeny bit of hope lol)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    YOU ALL LOOK SO GOOD!
  • KayCollins3
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5". I ate 1500+ a day, ran/did Zumba 3 days a week, and lifted heavy 3 days a week.

Before, ~130
    8479644029_2f56fcf32c.jpg

After, 120
    8479644659_381474fb63.jpg
    8480735266_e2b8926d6b.jpg

You're body is rockin'!! You look amazing!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much for posting. I was terrified I'd never lose the pooch but you've given me hope. I see a few befores that look the same as me or worse and afters that look fantastic. Congrats ladies.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!