panic weight?

Options
I was just wondering if if anyone else has a panic weight? What I mean is if you get to a certain weight you do whatever is possible to lose the weight. I have for years had 200 as my panic weight. I would every couple of years get up to that weight and then get serious about exercise and calorie counts. As I got older I let 200 come and go until I hit my highest weight 215 my post pic, I started to lose weight and hovered around 205 for a year. Now thanks to this site I have gotten serious and am down to 190. My new panic weight is 195 and hopefully I won't reach it ever again. So any way does anyone else do this?

Replies

• tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    Yes!!! It used to be 145. If I hit 145 I would totally freak out and start eating healthy and exercise. Then I got pregnant, and totally let the 145 out the window. I was at my highest weight 164 (my post pic). I've decided, not to ever do that again. It is so much harder trying to lose 30lbs then it is to lose, 5 or 10.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    The problem with that mentality is that you can always increase it :laugh: Mine used to be 150 when I graduated high school, and every year it seemed to increase by 10 pounds. My absolute ceiling "panic weight" was 200 (which I was verrrrry near to last year), but thankfully I never saw it. I don't know if it was the number that scared me on the scale or the look of myself in the mirror and in pictures. Hooray for never seeing/being near my panic weight ever again!
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    My panic weight isn't about the number on the scale, it was when I couldn't fit into my clothes. I refused to buy bigger clothes so I would hae to do a quick diet. So far this site has been helping me to keep on track and think before I eat.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Mine is 165.....that is my panic weight....and I dont ever want to go back there......
  • kriddle2
    kriddle2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've only been at that weight once...which is 140. I realize that it wasn't ridiculous but I'm barely 5 feet tall. I was a swimmer for all my life and after I had surgery I wasn't able to do activity for a long while and gained about 30 pounds...it wasn't good.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Ummm... 405 .. and I've been there! Just a month or so ago .. I don't ever want to do that again.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine, too, edged up over the years. I have been championing the idea of "Danger Weight' for years. My rule used to be that if I hit it I had to exercise every day until I was safely below. (I like my rest days, so this is a big deal to me.) Before I had kids it was 150. I would be stoked to see that number now. Pregnancy did a number on my standards. Now I start to freak if I hit 165, which incidentally is the weight at which you can REALLY tell I have put on some weight and none of my clothes fit properly. I usually sit somewhere in the 157-162 range. I am a pound below that now and am really hoping to find a new, healthier comfort zone.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I never really did until I started consciously loosing weight. It started at 115kg when I went under that, then became 100kg, and is now at 90 kg (which I just went over recently, thus joining here!).

If I'm honest with myself, I expect that my panic weight will never go under maybe 75kg - My goal isn't too far under that at the moment though, so maybe when I get there I will change my mind!
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You know, I wonder if more of us in this nation had a panic weight, would the obesity rate be lower. Something to think about....