My Very First Post...

Options
Had a bad weekend. VIsited my Mom's and went carb crazy. (House full of crackers and bread.) I don't have lots to lose, I'm just one of those people who has to work hard to maintain my weight within about a 5 pound range of goal. Now my body feels gross and heavy. Hauled my behind out for a run this morning in the cold to kick start a good day, but could use a little boost. Brand spankin' new to message boards...

Replies

• debloves2ride
    Options
    It always seems like when we go home to "mom's" we over indulge. don't worry you can climb right back up on that wagon and get moving again. mom's do that to us :)
  • DomFruch02
    Options
    Drink tons of water and you will flush out the weight.
  • CaddieMay
    CaddieMay Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    You already went for a run in the cold this morning! That's more than I've done. I'm still in my jammies. Give yourself a break. :smile:
  • LDT2013
    Options
    Wow! Love the instant support folks. Feeling better already.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd drink lots of water (all that extra salt!) and munch on extra fruit and veggies to counteract that heavy feeling. Thats what I have to do when I go to my mom's.
  • ademiter
    ademiter Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    We ALL have our days!! I have them more than not, but you just have to jump back on the wagon and start anew!
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    fresh fruit and veggies tend to help me feel better after an indulgent day.
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It always seems like when we go home to "mom's" we over indulge. don't worry you can climb right back up on that wagon and get moving again. mom's do that to us :)

this.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I went to my inlaws with hubby and kids this weekend and can never stay on diet well there.. I try to drink alot of water to flush out what I can and eat extra healthy right after...at least try my hardest to.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I have a hoard of nieces and nephews who like to be around when I visit, so going to Mom's is hard work for me.

If you don't have seven or eight personal trainers vying for your attention, would your mom let you cook at least one meal? Mine will pay for groceries if I will relieve her from kitchen duty.
  • LDT2013
    Options
    Veggie omelet and fresh fruit for lunch + Lots of water = it's working...