Recommended Breakfast Cereal???

Options
2»

Replies

• fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Kashi has an array of cereals. some have better nutritional values than others, but all of them aren't too bad. for a picky eater, i would recommend the 'heart to heart' cereals or 'go lean Crisp!'.

special k is also very tasty, but once again, its not the best nutritionally. (its better than fruit loops though!!)

There is a line of products called "Barbara's" that's organic and all natural. i like the shredded spoonfuls and the Puffins (there's peanut butter flavor! :love: ) the cereal is pretty expensive, but it does really well nutritionally.

i hope this helps.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i've been on a banana nut cheerios kick lately (jokingly call it banana nut crack) . i add in half a cup of blueberries.
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    I like the strawberry yogurt cheerios..yum! The chocolate cheerios are great for a snack.
  • Bee28
    Bee28 Posts: 99
    Options
    Kashi Honey Sunshine with fresh berries. Its so good and I guess its kind of like Captain Crunch but not so sweet and waaay healthier.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch and Go Lean Crisp. I also love the Fiber One Honey Clusters. If you really want to pull the wool over his eyes, go for Fiber One Caramel Delight cereal. It could totally pass as junk, but it has lots of fiber and some good nutritional value. I'd start with that, and then work in some of the others. :) Put it in one of those Tupperware cereal containers, so he can't see what he's eating, LOL.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for kashi golean. Lots of fiber, lots of protein. Cut up a banana and toss in some whole milk and you've got one heck of a sturdy breakfast. As a bonus its not too sweet, not too bland, just nicely in between.
  • tacrc1
    tacrc1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Cracklin Oat Bran is very good and has good amount of fiber.......
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    I'm in love with Barbra's Bakery Puffins cereal. I found it on sale this weekend at Whole Foods and can't stop eating!
    The original is only 90 calories for one serving (3/4 cup). There's also peanut butter, cinnamon, honey rice, multigrain and a bunch more called "wild puffs". It's all natural and super tasty.
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Honey Clusters are my favorite. A single serving is low in cals, high in fiber and it is actually sweet, so it feels like a treat.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like just about any of the Kashi cereals... but I have always loved my Cheerios - Multigrain are my fav.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Quaker Life, Special K, Frosted Mini Wheats, Kashi GoLean, Cheerios are all favorites of mine
  • KDuckGirl
    KDuckGirl Posts: 32
    Options
    I highly recommend fiber one or special k breakfast products :) They're all really delicious! I love the special k serial with the sun dried strawberries in it. Fiber one makes a really yummy frosted shredded wheat. My boyfriend is really picky too and I'm not sure that he would give any of those a go...However when he had one of my fiber one chocolate granola bars he mentioned it tasted like a candy bar and he couldn't believe how good it was! They upset my stomach pretty bad so I can't eat them as often as I'd like. good luck!
  • baileyvows
    baileyvows Posts: 7
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Crisp Toasted Berry Crumble. Yum. Natural and no refined sugar. Very good!:tongue: