Low alcoholic drinks!

Options
I am going out in 2 weeks for a meet up with my friend which involves a little drink! I was wandering what drinks are less drastic on the calories would be great for some advice :)

Replies

• stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I usually stick with vodka waters or gin and tonics.

For mixed drinks, it's usually the mix that adds up quick.

Also - www.getdrunknotfat.com
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am going out in 2 weeks for a meet up with my friend which involves a little drink! I was wandering what drinks are less drastic on the calories would be great for some advice :)

Shots
  • mrstully
    Options
    I bring my crystal light (lemonade) and add Tequila for my own margarita on the rocks.
  • timfitzy
    timfitzy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My favourites are any Shots, Spirits with any zero calorie mixers (eg. vodka lime soda, rum & diet coke, etc) or just straight, as well as dry wines or low carb beers on occasion too. Just remember to stay strong and not blow your diet while under the influence! ;)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    spirits (vodka, gin, whiskey, etc) with diet soda. (around 55 cals per 25 ml / single)

white wine / champagne (around 80 cals per 125 ml glass) or around 500 cals per bottle (add soda water or diet lemonade to make a 'spritzer' which will make the drink last longer).

Avoid fruit-juices if you want to keep calories down as well as cocktails which often contain syrups, cream, etc.

Lagers / ciders contain around 200 to 300 calories per pint.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Scotch averages 65 cal / oz. That would be my drink of choice.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Captain and Diet Coke is my go to. It's about 60 calories.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options

Shots

booyah!!!

whiskey on the rocks yo
  • VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks guys! I will keep all this in mind and try not to devour any burgers on the way home! (I'm known to buy hotdogs, burgers and devour them within minutes!)
  • Rosslifts
    Rosslifts Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Check out a fantastic wee guide here love, it's a quirky info table that lists a whole load of drinks and their calorie count.

http://www.fitnessinfographics.com/drunk-not-fat/
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I stick with vodka and diet/normal soft drinks.
  • basscadet808
    basscadet808 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have never had them but Bethenny Frankels Skinny Girl line has margaritas, cosmos, and wine.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    cherry-flavored vodka w/ diet coke/pepsi...low cal and will have you dancing like you think you can :drinker:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on buying a bottle at any point, I'd highly suggest Three Olives pomegranate flavor or Skol raspberry. Both of these mix amazingly with some diet cherry dr. pepper. Three Olives is really sweet and tastes like some girly fruity drink.

Aaannnd if you are making your own drinks, definitely weigh the alcohol as you're making each drink. I usually put about 2oz of vodka, fill the rest of the glass with soda and continue. Guaranteed wasted on around 600 calories (or less?) :drinker: