water

Options
MFP recommend 8 cups of water , exactly how many millilitres is this , i find im not drinking enough water so if i measured it out at the begining of the day i will know how much ive drank (hope this makes sense ) !

Replies

• farsteve
    farsteve Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    http://www.asknumbers.com/CupToMilliliter.aspx

1 cup = 236.5 ml so 8 cups = 8 X 236.6 = 1,892.8 ml or about 2 liters.
  • Erica262
    Erica262 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Don't go by the MFP 8 cups. You might need more depending on your body and situation. Use this calculator: http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm
  • The__Deflator
    The__Deflator Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should drink way more water/tee than the suggested 8 cups! It fills you up with no/less calories and helps to get all bad stuff out off your body!

I'm currently trying to drink about 4 cups per 44 pounds of bodyweight (1l/20kg if you're on the metric system) + additionally 4 cups (1l) on the day I'm having some sort of workout (cardio or weightlifting, doesn't matter).

It was hard at first to get there, but step after step, you should be there and feel better than before. At least that's what happened to me...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If your urine is pale yellow to clear, you're getting enough liquids. You don't have to drink gallons of water to be healthy, there's lots of liquid in the food you eat plus any kind of drink including juice, milk, tea, coffee (no it doesn't have a diuretic effect that negates it), soup, and fruits and veg are mostly water as well. Drinking excessive amounts of water just puts stress on your kidneys and can wash out vital minerals that your system needs.
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If your urine is pale yellow to clear, you're getting enough liquids. You don't have to drink gallons of water to be healthy, there's lots of liquid in the food you eat plus any kind of drink including juice, milk, tea, coffee (no it doesn't have a diuretic effect that negates it), soup, and fruits and veg are mostly water as well. Drinking excessive amounts of water just puts stress on your kidneys and can wash out vital minerals that your system needs.

Oooh you're good.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Eight 8-ounce glasses a day is 64 ounces a day.

64 ounces is 1892.70589 milliliters.

So drink at least eight 237-milliliter glasses a day.
  • extraordinarygirl1
    Options
    thanks guys x