thumbs up/thumbs down

Options
i volunteer with an organization that helps middle and high school girls who have behavior issues. we start each session with "thumbs up/thumbs down". so one good thing about the day, and one not so great thing. even though they thought it was super cheesy at first (you know, because they are too cool for that crap), after a few sessions they would plan their things ahead of time and remind us if we forgot to play. so what are yours (fitness/diet related or not)?

thumbs up: i chose a banana in the kitchen at work over the peanut butter crackers i really wanted to eat.

thumbs down: i didn't bring my lunch today so i have to work harder to not get fast food i shouldn't eat.

Replies

• rougecrayon
    Options
    I play roses and thorns!! ha ha!

Rose: It stopped raining just enough for me to take my walk :-)

Thorn: I stepped in a puddle right in the beginning :-(
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I play roses and thorns!! ha ha!

Rose: It stopped raining just enough for me to take my walk :-)

Thorn: I stepped in a puddle right in the beginning :-(

we played that with them too, but they could never remember which was good and which was bad.

jump in some more puddles and just get crazy!
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like this idea, may have to try it with my own middle-school twins. They don't have behavior issues (well no more than your average moody preteen), but have their dad's build and appetite--thick build, hearty appetite. We've worked on making responsible choices with food for quite a while now; they probably understand more about eating healthy than other kids their age, because they seem to gain weight easier than other kids. I keep telling them at some point, they will be thankful for their healthy choices, but their friends who are used to pop tarts and cheetos will eventually regret it! It'll catch up to them some time.

thumbs up--dragged my butt to the gym even though I've been tired all week.
    thumbs down--getting lazy at home today getting things done; have a sick kid at home and starting to sit around watching tv with her!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up: I had dried apple chips for breakfast

Thumbs down: I ate a whole bunch of them and chased them with tortilla chips. :ohwell:
  • MirjaH79
    Options
    Down-Thorn: I did not get myself around to go for a walk in the sunshiny snowy day. My back and leg still hurt after 14 months, so the epidural procedure 12 days ago did not seem to be the trick. :grumble:

Up-Rose: I finally re-arranged my closet and found a thought-to-be-lost top - and burned some extra calories while doing so! :bigsmile: And I'm going for a second epidural on thursday, so cross your fingers for me!
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    i think everyone can do with a little thumbs up and thumbs down at the end of the day!

happy that we've all made at least one good choice today.