For the ladies: You and your monthly friend

Options
13»

Replies

• FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing right now and it's crazy! Yesterday I made a bunch of Red Seedless Grapes my b*tch! Like I couldn't stop poppin' them in my mouth! Then I started craving salt. I just turned the tv off, rolled over and went to sleep. Pissed.
    Today is the 4th day for me - I pms for a week at least. If I break even on the scale, I'm lucky!
    Gonna try and add more protein in today and see if it helps. Water is no problem for me. I love water.
  • AmyStellaB
    AmyStellaB Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a Lean Mean Grilling Machine and i put chicken in that and cut it in to strips which I have with cucumber and so low fat mayo:
    Curbs my hunger like you wouldn't believe! Even managed to lost a lb with TOM tempting me!
    I highly reccommend it :)
    xx
    Good Luck
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have on and off months, but I manage to pull through. If I am hungry, I will grab a glass of water or find something proper to do, e.g. walk or find something interesting to read. If I really am hungry, I will stop myself from grabbing something sweet. I will eat dark chocolate, grab a piece of fruit or just make a simple cup of tea or coffee. Last month I really struggled, but I managed to pull through. I had nasty cravings for Haribo - and yes I had some, you just need to learn to eat in moderation.
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was seriously just about to post asking the exact same thing. I was thinking mine were going to be a bit late, but all of a sudden I want to eat everything and anything so I know they're not too far away. I so want to eat everything and anything right now, it's crazy.
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I was actually pondering this same question the other week. I dont have regular periods due to the implant. I had one for the first time in six months last week and it knocked me for six! I was tired, emotional and I didnt try to stick to any sort of diet. I think its okay to wander off the track for a couple of days, we need some sort of comfort!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    The week of my period, I am very very HUNGRY. I try to accomodate over eating by 100 - 200 (with cravings) a day until it starts otherwise I go crazy.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just woke up this morning and realized I now too have the monthly friend, and I literally groaned. Ugh...I was doing so well this last week, getting back on track...now this!! Well, its just part of life, and life shouldn't totally shut down for a couple of days just because of it. Normally I have a sweet tooth that wont quit when I get my period...my goal, is to not give in this time!!
  • allforthethrill
    allforthethrill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Out of sheer desperation for protein as suggested by some of the girls on this thread I just ate a tin of tuna in spring water by itself.
    So far so good, not feeling any cravings anymore but only time will tell. LOL
  • xampx
    xampx Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Its 11:30am and I have already eaten ALL my workday snacks. I have planned food for the rest of the day and I am going to need to burn at least 500 calories at the gym tonight so I can stuff my face even more when I get home.

And crap, my graze boxes just arrived. I might have to put 2 hours in!
  • danelledawnc
    danelledawnc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Iron... The loss of blood is the loss of iron, which will make you more hungry than normal. I am currently dealing with it right now. I am on 1220 calories and was completely starving yesterday and completely zapped of all energry (I only had 350 calories left for dinner... what was I to do!?) until I ate about 6 oz of grass fed beef for dinner. After I ate the meat (high in iron), my hunger disappeared. Just eat more red meat (yes, more calories, but a better filler upper for the "gas tank."). In addition, I didn't struggle getting up at 4:30 this morning to get a work out in and now I feel great :)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't get hungry when my Red Tide is in. I crave more chocolate and sugar, so I make sure I can have them.
  • pandabratt1
    pandabratt1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ok, so after reading all of these, I feel like I am way out of place!

During the week of TOM, the first day I usually cannot get out of bed because even the best of Rx can’t relieve the pain, but days 2-6 I have more energy and motivation than any other time! I am not overly hungry, and I don’t seem to lose my apetite either.
    The next week I have a little less motivation, but I am still fairly active and can keep my hunger under control.
    I have learned that the problem week for me is the week that I am ovulating I want to eat everything under the sun! I love the carbs, the sweets, the salty, the spicy, and protein of any kind, just about anything that involves food is fair game! I seriously never feel full, and I am sure that I can get up into the 3000 calories range without even wanting to and I lose a TON of weight no matter how much I eat.
    During PMS week I don’t have the same hunger again, but I have no energy and a bad mood swing into a helplessness state. And then it’s back around again.

Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I do, protein saves me during that week.

Chocolate is all protein, right?
  • roiLEI1554
    Options
    usually during the other parts of the month, i eat closer to the 1200 goal i have (within the 1200-1300 range) and then allow myself to eat back more of my exercise calories during the week that i'm with my *monthly friend*
    the extra calories definitely help! (not with the bloating, but with the cravings at least...)
  • littlelu222
    Options
    Wow. This is usually the time that I do lose weight; can't stop throwing up long enough to eat. :sick:
  • littlebre33
    Options
    Wow. This is usually the time that I do lose weight; can't stop throwing up long enough to eat. :sick:

you throw up during your menstruation?? As weird as this sounds.. sometimes I wish I did that because at times I eat soo much!!! And today is my birthday so I am doomed!!
  • NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Work out more, it helps with cramps and then you can eat more!

This. I find a workout does help, and it's the one time that I do eat back all of my workout calories (but still net my daily goal).
  • littlelu222
    Options

you throw up during your menstruation?? As weird as this sounds.. sometimes I wish I did that because at times I eat soo much!!! And today is my birthday so I am doomed!!

For at least the first three days. It is horrible. I'd love to trade with you ;)
    Happy birthday!
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I eat small amounts all throughout the day, try to remain positive, and drink probably LITRES of tea and water all throughout the day to settle my stomach. Light and gentle exercises help to burn off any treats I decide to indulge in, and helps with cramps.