Anyone in here who has indianfood diet during weight loss

Options
Hi All, I am new to the forums, looking for guidance to include my homemade indian food into my diet which is not very easy using the website.

Replies

• Palak1020
    Palak1020 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You'll have to add everything as a recipe and then add to your diary (click on the food tab, then click on recipes, and input recipe). The difficulty with homemade Indian food is that we rarely measure anything (a handful of this, a pinch of that), so you'll have to actually measure everything out and use the measurements to create the recipe in MFP. Something that I've learned since joining MFP is that a lot of homemade Indian food isn't as healthy as I had once thought it was. I have learned to cut back significantly on the amount of oil I use in my Indian cooking, and also learned that lentils, while healthy, are extremely high in carbs and should be eaten in moderation.
  • sivaadish
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed solution. I had hoped there was any easier ways to add indian food. I am wondering whether a recipe made by user will be listed when I search for it ? I would be helpful for other homemade indian food eaters if we could do that. It was a surprise that lentils had excess carbs. Thanks for the heads up.