my quaker oats smell weird

Options
I have had these for years, but the box I am on now smells like weetabix for some reason. They taste like weetabix too.

What could it be?

Replies

• paleojamie
    paleojamie Posts: 191
    Options
    bump
  • RCadence
    RCadence Posts: 79
    Options
    Hmmm a bad case of Whiffsabix perhaps? *waits for everyone to stop laughing their socks off* Or snap, crackle and pop are finally enacting their revenge on the fellow cereal brands?

.......................................*tumbleweed*
  • SimdeAyJ
    Options
    Did you ever figure out what it was? Mine have a weird metallic smell to them, and I thought it was just the box so I bought a new one and there's the same smell. I'm wondering if it's me, but I always get the maple and brow sugar and I never noticed a smell until now.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    If they have a strange odor they may have been contaminated somewhere along the line. Contact the manufacturer and let them know that you have a concern/issue and see what they have to say. Contact the store where you bought the box and let them know the lot number and expiration dates on the box so they can check and see if they have any other questionable boxes on the shelf. Get another box from another store that has a different lot number and date and see if there is a difference. Until you find out what the issue is you may want to try another brand.