80 since last June, 30/40 to go

Options
OK I was hammered by some people for doing a test and the pictures didn't post (sorry about that) but I think I fixed it with some help (thanks for the feedback to those who helped) :)

I started walking last June,and before I knew it, I had lost almost 80 pounds by January. I have since stepped up my cardio by joining the gym, doing the C25K, doing some biking, and swimming. I am hoping to break this plateau I have been on for the last 6 weeks. I am confident the rest of the weight will come off. I have had severe uncontrollable hypertension do to lupus and a myriad of other health factors. Before the weight loss, I was on 5 high blood pressure medicines, and now down to 2. I am hoping in the next few months to be off them completely.

I turned 50 in December and would like this to be my fit, fabulous and fifty time of my life :)

This is my before shot:

92b91eac-f7e3-47c0-b0aa-5889891a8432_zpse0862b3f.jpg

And this is my current:

2722477c-a335-46ac-9325-952887eda721_zpsc530d32e.jpg

I hope they work and if they don't I am sorry. My son would just call me a noob and do it for me :)

Replies

• VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    YAY it worked!!
  • bondavbriwil
    bondavbriwil Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look great.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    You look great - congrats!!!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow u lost 80lbs just by walking since June??
  • VeeBethTris
    Options
    Thanks guys and yes Ashlee by walking, but I was walking 3-4 hours. Won't go into the stress of my life at the moment, but I believe that walking saved my life :) In so many ways...
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    Wow thats great! Congratulations!!
    Now were those 3-4hours total throughout the day or 3-4hours at a time?

I just started walking 40mins a day 2miles. Hoping to increase as time goes by.
  • VeeBethTris
    Options
    In the morning and the late afternoon. My kids are grown, well son a junior, so I have a lot of flexibility with work and stuff not having younger kids. I started out slow and building up to that. Once I realized the weight was coming off, I upped my walking, and now I am healthier to do more things in the gym. You can do it :)
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Awesome work.
  • ashleey1000
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Thank u!!
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    awesome job! you look great!
    good WORK!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!