My P90X Diet Question

Options
Hello all. I have just started P90X and am on day 6. I am having a hard time getting all the calories I need because my stomach has shrunk so much from my weight loss. I simply can't eat all that food anymore. Even throughout the day, if I force myself to eat I feel like I'm overeating and that's what got me to be 330 lbs before. I am currently 218 lbs and want to go lower but if I eat the way the program tells me I'm afraid I will stretch my stomach again.

Any suggestions? BTW I use Whey protien, egg whites, chicken, all that for protien but still can't eat like that. Also BTW I am in Fitness level 3 according to my body fat % and my resting heart rate and everything else. Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Also I try to only eat when I feel hungry (real hunger) this way I won't go into my old eating habits.

Replies

• chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi. My husband's on Day 3!!! Congrats for your progress so far - Keep going! It seems grueling, but the results are incredible. (I have a question for you at the bottom of my post to you.)

I've reviewed the P90X nutrition guide as well and taking consideration of your personalized calorie, protein and fat intake suggestions here, could you add what you need to meet your nutrition goal? It's certainly not as if you're sedentary!

It's great that you're eating at strong pangs of hunger, but there are low-cal, high-protein snacks that you could eat in small portions during the day, so that you're not starving yourself during this process.

I understand the concern, but you still need to eat for the fuel and nutrition... I hope this helps.

BTW - what's the comparable exercise to P90X in the exercise database here? I will begin it in the next couple of weeks and I looked for it and I don't see it....
  • jcubesmommy
    jcubesmommy Posts: 35
    Options
    www.thefitclubnetwork.com
    this explains how the p90x was created to build muscle - not necessarily to lose weight - he advises cutting back on the calories if you want to lose weight
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Since P90X was created as a fitness program, not a weight loss program, there is no calorie deficit built into the Nutrition Guide. When you do the calculations on page 5, use your target weight, not your current weight, to figure your nutrition level. Most men do quite well at level 2.

Good luck!
  • barresa
    barresa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Not a big eater but now doing p90x. Solution: nuts and juicing.
    Do you like raw nuts. Great snack. High in calories. Walnuts 174 calories per 1 oz. Almonds 160 cals per 1 oz.
    But raw (for fat burn) if roasted they will be fattening.

Juicing raw fruits and vegetables is also high in calories but great for you too.

Also protein bars like Raw Revolution, organic live ingredients and 280 calories per small bar. I love! Coconut Agave.
  • tapp52000
    tapp52000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! Great information. As for logging the exercise in MFP I use a heart moniter so I know exactly how many calories I've burned and then I pick a comparable exercise in MFP and use it. I just match the minutes to my actual calories.
  • chessie11
    chessie11 Posts: 52
    Options
    Great idea. Thanks for the tip!

Keep up the great work!!!:smile: