Water Retention

joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
What is the best way to BREAK water retention? I'm trying to drink more water today and watch my salt intake. How long does it usually take to get rid of water? I've been holding water since Saturday. I went for a walk this morning and my hands were huge when I was done. We had a cookout on Saturday..so on Sat I had pizza for lunch and hot dog / chips for supper. My body felt horrible afterwards. Anyway. Just wondering the best method for getting rid of this water.

I had another question, but I already forgot what is was :grumble:

I just remembered. I have been having a heartburn feeling lately. Has anyone else experienced that since starting changing their diet or exercising? Just wondering if that's what its related to or if possibly I'm just having reflux problems.

Replies

• LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    just keep drinking water, your body will naturally get rid of the extra water... may take a day or two.

I had this problem once and my friend suggested that I get Diurex. it will help your body get rid of that water weight, and blaotiness from Aunt flow.

I haven't tried it, but it is a suggestion if you want to try it. She said you can get it at Wal mart for like $5
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    I had that heartburn-y feeling about 2-3 weeks into my diet/lifestyle change. It went away after about a week. I have no idea what it was, but I just chalk it up to giving my body a change.
  • pamela35
    pamela35 Posts: 14
    Maybe try taking a water pill, like they sell in store, I have to take them by prescription but I know it helps get rid of all that excess water, but be careful not to take to many or you can also check with your doctor!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    The water will go away. Usually takes me about 2-3 days to flush it all out. On the days I know I'm retaining I try to drink more then I normally would. As far as the heartburn goes, I have no idea. Try taking some tums or something and see if it helps! Good luck!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    I notice heartburn some days when I dring an excess of water . . . which I find strange but it happens if I drink more than about 10 cups in a day, which often happens weekends when Im out in the sun gardening. I find it odd that water seems to give me heartburn but have experienced this quite often.
  • I take the Diurex Ultra .. but only the night before I weight in :wink: .. I take 2.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    everytime i start to do good for myself i always experience some indigestion.. i will try to find the blog i read about water and share with you it really explained alot and now i know the feeling is from the water..
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    The topic was "The Importance of Water"
    a good article
    everytime i start to do good for myself i always experience some indigestion.. i will try to find the blog i read about water and share with you it really explained alot and now i know the feeling is from the water..
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Not to scare you, but both water retention and 'heartburn' are classic signs of heart problems. Given you have both, I'd recommend you see your doctor just to be safe!
  • blooming
    blooming Posts: 1
    I have learned a few things that work for me after years of trial and error. Salt is a big contributor to my water retention...especially salt-laden restaurant or package meals. I read food labels and salt very little in cooking. I drink a Yogi Tea called Detox when I am having trouble getting rid of excess water. Some foods are natural diaretics. An on line search should help you find some that you like anyway. Wish you well!
  • Green tea, cranberry juice and apple cider vinegar are all natural diuretics. See which one works for you!
  • princessleia1980
    princessleia1980 Posts: 81 Member
    I would echo that those two things together can be symptoms of something more serious. Go see your doctor before you try anything else!
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
    Well I lost the water weight yesterday after drinking 80 ounces of water and taking in less salt. I lost 2lbs since yesterday. I had a ton of salt over the weekend so I know that's why I was retaining water. Thanks for all the suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.